HP Indigo 3550 - issues with matte paper

Justin M

I'm looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem or knows how to solve it.

I have an HP Indigo 3550. I have a file that has densities of up to 270% total ink density. When I print this on matte paper, it looks ok as it's printing but when I take a closer look there's all these white specks. It looks like the ink is just picking off. Then, after about 100 sheets of a 380 sheet run, there's blanket memory issues where the latent image from one side shows on the other.

I run frequent print cleaners and the ink density/conductivity are fine. In fact, I just rebuilt this inks 2 days ago.

Any ideas?

On our indigo 3050s this type of issue is usually a result of the blanket temperature being a bit too high. Not sure about the 3550 though. May want to try it though??

Justin,

This happens to us on Our HP5000 as well when our densities go beyond 220%, If at all possible try not to exceed your densities.
Play with Temperature, the higher you go the more the ink will dry but you will loose small dots, the lower you get you might loose adhesion to the paper.
When we have these issues we try to run simplex, let it dry for a while and then run the second side. This way, the ink on the second side will not touch the first side while it dries.

I hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back