HP L330 Latex printer question

thebluesdude

Hi guys, thinking of getting one of these to add to our printshop alongside the Roland and Epson. What has just scared me is the head life is quoted as 1 litre of ink!! is that for real, so every couple of inkjet cartridges you also replace the head? confirmation please guys. Thanks.

Head life is warranted for 1 litre of ink. In practice you will get around 4 litre. lm/cm maybe less if you use the lc/lm inks. If using 10pass or lower you probably won't want to use lc/lm inks anyhow.

Thanks DYP so we running everything at high quality as the market we in so am I correct in thinking a total costing would be 6 x ink carts & 3 heads and then i we get through four sets of ink we then have to add another x 3 heads into the mix? just trying to work our the average costing against our Roland. Do you ever see a deterioration of the heads on a long print say a 6 meter solid banner? Thanks for your help

I correct in thinking a total costing would be 6 x ink carts & 3 heads and then i we get through four sets of ink we then have to add another x 3 heads into the mix?

No thats 7 ink carts (CMYKcm+OP) 6 Heads (2-YM 2-CK 1-lc/lm 1-OP).

Do you ever see a deterioration of the heads on a long print say a 6 meter solid banner?

No not if you only use CMYK in 10 Pass or under. There is a potential ink starvation problem because of the one lc/lm printhead if using a lot of lc/lm at 10 pass and under. That can be minimized somewhat by increasing the inter-pass delay, but really there is little need to use lc/lm at 10pass and under.

For best color you will need a RIP with a color profiling option, as most profiles out there were created before the .08 firmware which will no longer print correct color, and before the lc/lm problem was well known.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back