HP Question

Robert carter

Can an HP 8000N run polyester plates? I know it's an old machine, but I have it sitting here and I need better quality that silvermaster and I don't print enough jobs to merit a CTP system. I'm semi retired and just print a few jobs a week.

Robert . . just looked at the specs - don't see why it wouldn't - check with your local supplier and see if he could get you a few plates for testing and give it a whirl . . .

Robert . . just looked at the specs - don't see why it wouldn't - check with your local supplier and see if he could get you a few plates for testing and give it a whirl . . .
Is there any special poly plates that I should be looking for? hanks Robert

I am having problems with these poly plates, I can't seem to get them to work, I tried fusing them several times, I even tried fusing them before I imaged them which gave me a good image on the plate, but when I put the plate on the press (Toko 4750) there is a fuzzy shadow around the letters and the background is sorta tinted with ink. When I clean the plate, the image starts to rub away. Any thoughts is appreciated. Thanks Robert

OK, the doubling problem is fixed, I can get a good plate, the only problem is that in the thicker letters start to break down after about 300 sheets, I have tried fusing it a few times and pre-fusing it with better results, I need these plates to at least print 5000 sheets to make it worth my while. any further suggestions? The fuser unit is new and the toner is new, NOTE: that I have never ran these polyester plates before and might be missing something. Thanks Robert.

OK, the doubling problem is fixed, I can get a good plate, the only problem is that in the thicker letters start to break down after about 300 sheets, I have tried fusing it a few times and pre-fusing it with better results, I need these plates to at least print 5000 sheets to make it worth my while. any further suggestions? The fuser unit is new and the toner is new, NOTE: that I have never ran these polyester plates before and might be missing something. Thanks Robert.

Have you checked your plate to blanket and roller settings . . the polyester plate may be a different thickness . . . just guessing

Have you checked your plate to blanket and roller settings . . the polyester plate may be a different thickness . . . just guessing
I tried but I don't think I did it right, can you tell me how to do that? I have a Toko 4750 I think it should be similar to a ryobi or AB Dick. Thanks Robert.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back