HP z6100 Banding issue only in the beginning of the print

babykud

We've had our HP z6100 for about a year and now all of sudden we have a problem with it. Everything single print that comes out (cyan in the worst) there is this dark band of ink that shows up (see link)

http://www.kibit.com/sample.jpg

Does anyone have any insight on this? I found this in the Z6100 manual (this is our exact problem) but none of the solutions they offer have worked:

Defects near the top of a print
There is a type of defect that affects only the start of a print, within 5.5 cm of the leading edge of the
paper. You may see a thin or thick band of inconsistent color
To avoid this problem:
1. The easiest solution may be to select the Extended Margins option in the driver, the
Embedded Web Server, or the front panel. This means that the area of the paper affected
by the problem (at the start of the page) may no longer be printed on. See Adjust margins
and layout options on User Guide.
2. Align the printheads.
3. Check that you are using appropriate print-quality settings.

Take care,

Matt :confused:

Andy that's both unhelpful and irritating. I checked your profile and that's the only thing you've posted on these boards. 18 times. Buy some ad space, make a useful contribution or go away.

Please.

EDIT: I see yer man's posts have been removed!

Last edited:
Good Afternoon, Group!

So it appears that this is a bit of an old post but describes, exactly, an issue we've been seeing. It seems slightly improved by a print head cleaning but returns quickly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back