I HATE to be THAT guy...Xerox 700i FreeFlow help?

nickjnyc

I really hate to be the newbie to a forum blopping in and asking for free tech support, but...I'm just buggered. I'm just a weekend warrior here doing in house printing of marketing collateral for myself.

I taught myself to run (quite proudly) a DC250 with Fiery. I just "upgraded" to a 700i with FreeFlow, and I'm having some trouble navigating the learning curve.

If you guys wouldn't mind humoring me, I have a couple of (hopefully) simple questions. I have installed and am connected via the Remote Print Server.

First, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to add as a Windows printer to print via applications, Global Print Driver or otherwise. I would LOVE the ability to set the finishing options through print dialog, too, but would settle for printing to PDF on punch/fold etc.

Second, is this thing serious with it's hangups on stock? I understand the purpose, of course, but being that I'm just doing what I do for me, can it be changed to just say "well, it's the same size. run it"?

And, finally, in consideration of #2 above, does my FreeFlow Professional license entitle me to a Makeready license? If so, where is the file located on the server to add? Further, if so, am I correct that Makeready would be installed on my desktop (not the Unix system)?

I think with the above I should be able to navigate, but I'm going to hang around here for a while, as it's a shame to have all the tools and not learn more, so thanks in advance!

Did you figure this out?
We run Freeflow on Xerox C1000 and use hot folders
So set up Queues on printer with most common Impositions - Booklet, bus cards etc
the drop the pdf from your computer into the Hot folder in the appropriate queue

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back