I need help please, I need to choose between Xerox C75 and Konica Minolta C1070

CCP

Hello, I have a small printing shop and we're upgrading equipment,
Currently I have a Konica Minolta C224e this is more like a office type machine but we're trying to get a production machine.
Xerox offered me the C75 and Konica Minolta is offering the KM C1070
I'm not to concerned about speed or finishers due that we have folding machines and staplers as well.
both companies have brought me samples of their printing but I'm not to sure if they're really printed on those machines.
What I'm looking is a machine to produce nice skin colors, also easy to match spot colors, and print on texture papers for example Linen Paper.
So What are the pro and cons and what are the details to check on the lease contract?

Hello, I have a small printing shop and we're upgrading equipment,
Currently I have a Konica Minolta C224e this is more like a office type machine but we're trying to get a production machine.
Xerox offered me the C75 and Konica Minolta is offering the KM C1070
I'm not to concerned about speed or finishers due that we have folding machines and staplers as well.
both companies have brought me samples of their printing but I'm not to sure if they're really printed on those machines.
What I'm looking is a machine to produce nice skin colors, also easy to match spot colors, and print on texture papers for example Linen Paper.
So What are the pro and cons and what are the details to check on the lease contract?

You will need to find out about service/support in your area. This is critical; ideally speak to other customers to check that the performance lives up to the promise.

Then you need to take files and samples of your stock (plenty, not just one or two sheets) to the vendors' demo locations and watch them being run on the machines you are considering. There is no substitute for this; any vendor who does not immediately agree to such a test should be eliminated from the shortlist.

In the contract you need to focus on click rates: making sure that you have a single rate for all size sheets and that the rate is either fixed for the duration of the contract, or can only increase by a specified amount.

Hi, there few majorly important things to put in an agreement while leasing printers. Ask the company whats their Break Down policy, if printer or some of its parts broke down. Fixed price leasing or they vary month to month price options. Do they provide ink/toner options. Basically these are some of the important ones to be check on.
Also you can contact a professional Printer leasing & repair company MilkMan Toner Company, Inc. they offer Printers/Copiers/Fax Machines on lease and they do have repair services as well. You can contact them if you have any inquiry on something, like Products, Services or anything, please feel free to contact.

Last edited:
You will need to find out about service/support in your area. This is critical; ideally speak to other customers to check that the performance lives up to the promise.

Then you need to take files and samples of your stock (plenty, not just one or two sheets) to the vendors' demo locations and watch them being run on the machines you are considering. There is no substitute for this; any vendor who does not immediately agree to such a test should be eliminated from the shortlist.

In the contract you need to focus on click rates: making sure that you have a single rate for all size sheets and that the rate is either fixed for the duration of the contract, or can only increase by a specified amount.

Agree with all of the above, but a demo suite can be too artificial/clinical. My preference would always be to ask the vendor for a second, limited, demo at another user - if the sales team are confident in their machine and the claims they make this shouldn't be an issue. Although you will not be able to test as exhaustively as in the demo suite, it will allow you to run your tests in a true production environment and sometimes get a 'users' opinion. In the past, I've taken along another production operative - often they can get the operators view of the machine - sometimes the operators view is significantly different to the owner and vendors.

Go for fuji xerox for skin color its more natural than konica.i tried when i visit both c75 and konica c70hc.
high chroma. I also bring my files and paper to make sure which color tone is better. I like the fuji xerox color.
My advise if you can try both machine using same file and paper before making your decision. Because i only tried it on c70hc. The c1070 is a new model. Good luck!

I just ordered a KM c1070 a few weeks ago. I looked at the 70hc and to be honest the high chroma thing I see as a bit of a gimmick as I'm interested in colour fidelity. I auditioned The ricoh 5100s the Sharp MX6500N. Xerox didn't have an offering that print banner size I need. The Sharp was a the time was well away from the quality of the Ricoh and KM. I was going for the Ricoh because in my tests the quality of the prints came out better than the 70hc. When I told KM dealer they offered me a preview of the c1070 which introduces quite a few new features and prints better, IMHO, than the Ricoh. I saw the machine at IPEX and spoke to the KM technical guys about the differences between the 70hc and c1070, they agreed, but didn't want to bring down the 70hc, that the quality and color fidelity (obviously once properly calibrated) is better than the 70hc. I'm expecting the c1070 to arrive here in my print center in a 10 days. Since I ordered it I've only heard good things from others that know other print shops that have bought one. I believe it is the best printer in its class at the moment.

I just ordered a KM c1070 a few weeks ago. I looked at the 70hc and to be honest the high chroma thing I see as a bit of a gimmick as I'm interested in colour fidelity. I auditioned The ricoh 5100s the Sharp MX6500N. Xerox didn't have an offering that print banner size I need. The Sharp was a the time was well away from the quality of the Ricoh and KM. I was going for the Ricoh because in my tests the quality of the prints came out better than the 70hc. When I told KM dealer they offered me a preview of the c1070 which introduces quite a few new features and prints better, IMHO, than the Ricoh. I saw the machine at IPEX and spoke to the KM technical guys about the differences between the 70hc and c1070, they agreed, but didn't want to bring down the 70hc, that the quality and color fidelity (obviously once properly calibrated) is better than the 70hc. I'm expecting the c1070 to arrive here in my print center in a 10 days. Since I ordered it I've only heard good things from others that know other print shops that have bought one. I believe it is the best printer in its class at the moment.

I'm having a demo soon (august and september) on the Sharp MX6500N and on a Canon imagePRESS C600/C700. I'm also looking at the KM C1060 and 70HC or Ricoh 5100S. Now we have an Office machine and i want to go a level up, suitable for printing op to 300 grams duplex from the drawers. Also like TS mentioned: What I'm looking is a machine to produce nice skin colors, also easy to match spot colors, and print on texture papers for example Linen Paper.

We ran multiple jobs on the C75 when we were shopping over a year ago. I was fluid in running the machine before it even entered our shop. Xerox has always been great when it comes to this, even when ours was down we were able to go to their offices and print our jobs to get the rush stuff out. With that being said, we had a nightmare with our J75, colour consistency was a joke and major alignment issues, they could never get their SIQA tools to work to fix these issues. Ours may have been a lemon, others seem to like the machine. We moved up to a Versant 2100 which is WOW. Colour consistency is much better and over all colour much better. Might be worth looking at a Versant 80 (uses same print engine as the Versant 2100).

Hi, the Versant 80 is definitely worth a look since it replaces the C75 and J75. If you want to see actual pricing I'd be happy to forward you the quote I put together for another customer last week. Send me a private message if you're interested.

Cheers

Nick

We just got our C1060L and it prints beautifully! The color and quality is superb. We were considering buying the Canon 700, the Ricoh 5100, the Xerox versant 80, and the KM C1060. The 1060 came out way ahead. If we had the space I would have sprung for the very large paper deck and the decurler.

Service, Service, Service. It is all about the Techs in your area. We have had Multiple Xerox/Fuji machines in the past with some of the worst Service Techs in the world. We made the Switch to KM and have some of the greatest Techs in the region. I couldn't be happier with the KM product line that we are running .... currently a C-7000 and C-8000 but it is all about the people that take care of you.

Just got the KM 1070. Waiting for installation next week... Can't wait to see it in action. Demoed Canon C700, Xerox Versant 80. KM comes out the best and prices is best also. Haven't had too much experience with KM service for color. We have a black and white KM on the floor now. No issues with the service.

Fuji changed their service model here in Twin Cities. They went from Xerox service to MOTG service. MOTG reps don't know what they are doing. Our Xerox 700 had less problems than the J75. Can't wait till the contract is done, so I can shop around.

Also worth noting that not all demos are created equal. I've seen some terrible print samples that potential customers have been given (not from Devil Printers I should add) because the person running the demo simply didn't know how to correctly calibrate and configure the machine. So if you're in the UK and want some samples, please get in touch and we'll organise them for you.

With regards to Xerox support here in the UK, if you go for Xerox's genuine PagePack service then you first call Xerox's call centre on 0370 900 5501 and if they determine that you require an engineer then depending on your location you'll either have one of Xerox's own engineers or someone employed by ManPower. Either way, you'll get someone that is trained on the Xerox kit so we get very little in the way of complaints.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back