Image reproduction in US and European magazines

Hello everybody,
I'm curious to hear if some of you might have a miracle answer to my dilemma. My company work on a lot of fashion images that are released worldwide in various magazines. We never know for sure which files will be printed in France or in the US, or Asia... so I've chosen 2 major standards for my output: ISO Coated and SWOP3.
Usually I chose ISO Coated for advertising (Images that will be used for inserts, in magazines, in displays, worldwide, etc) and SWOP3 for editorial in the US.
These 2 standards prints differently, which pose problems sometimes.
Should we create 2 separations for each standards? But then we need to color adjust the files, which incurs a lot of work... And even then, how can I ensure that the right sep will be used, even if they are clearly indicated?
Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
K-

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back