Import PDF images to Photoshop

tsdomenichelli

Hello All,

I have a doubt about import images from PDF files.

When I import it the resolution in Image Size is the same that image in PDF file?

I tried to see in Photoshop Help but I can´t find it.

Thanks in Advanced

Tiago Domenichelli

No. The two are different. If you open a PDF with PhotoShop then PhotoShop is going to ask you at what resolution you want to rasterize the PDF. If there are any images in the PDF they will be converted with the entire page into the resolution you specify. Now with CS4 you can have PhotoShop open the images on the page in their native color space and resolution.

Created by Camtasia Studio 6

If you are talking about importing them via the touchup object tool then yes, they do come in at the same resolution as they are in the PDF.

Matt,

I searched but could not find a mac version of that slick Camtasia software. Does anyone else make anything comparable for macs?

Thanks,

A;

The resolution of the PDF is used for flatness, the process of transelating curves to small straight lines. If too low resolution you will get circles look like octagons, if extremly high you will get long rendering times. I'm not sure of the exact calculations but I think it is at a flattness of 2 @1200 dpi the segments would be 600/inch if @ 300 dpi the segments would be 150/ inch resulting in visual simplifications on a CTP.
This does not affect bitmaps (though It may be used for transparency flattening, some one who knows will have to answer that)

Matt,

I searched but could not find a mac version of that slick Camtasia software. Does anyone else make anything comparable for macs?

Thanks,

A;

I'll have to ask my friends at Markzware and Enfocus what they are using. I'd much rather be doing it on a Mac anyways so I should know this too. Anyone want to buy some software so I can build up my "Matt needs a Mac fund"? lol! Just kidding..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back