Imposition Software

ripit

Looking for imposition software feedback. Been using Preps to impose for years and looking to see if there are better solutions available. I have some basic needs, we step and repeat every job, we use the same sheet size for every job, we have a PDF workflow (Nexus total PDF). One thing i do need is custom marks and the ability to edit (map to colors in pages) those marks for some impositions, I don't really care how preps handles custom marks. Any suggestions?

For custom marks in Preps you can:

1. Hand code them in a text editor if you know a little postscript and save as eps and as pdf (distill) in the Marks folder.

2. Build them in Illustrator using SSiCustomColor1, SSiCustomColor2, etc. and saving both as eps and pdf. Those color names will work together with the ones in the marks supplied with Preps.

3. Or contact Ray Johnson at 425 379-7644 or e-mail [email protected]

Al

Take a look at Metrix. We deal with Marks in a similar (but more robust way) than Preps. We have versions of Metrix to handle simple work, and very complex. And the whole process is much faster than using Preps. We've got over a thousand licenses out there and in nearly every case, the customer stuck Preps on the shelf after implementing Metrix. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. 928.257.3286

Davo Laninga
Metrix Project Manager
www.lithotechnics.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back