Imposition Studio 4

Stephen Marsh

I just found out about this PDF impo software.

Imposition Studio 4 from Devalipi Software: The most economical professional Imposition software for Digital & Offset Presses.

It looks pretty full featured and it does not rely on having Acrobat Pro. The pricing looks very competitive compared to other entry level PDF impo software.

Limited working demos for Mac and Win. Please let the forum know what you think and put it through some tests (Disclaimer: I have no association with this product or company).

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Looks more than nice for its price. Only im curios how it handles flatwork - busines cards, labels, custom, more or less ''hand made'' impositions for specific jobs.

Fii, I quickly made some business card impo layouts for digitial or press, single or double cuts. It's intuitive enough and I have not yet had to read the manual...

New Layout Wizard / Manual Cut n Stack / Device or Plate Size / Paper or Sheet Size / PDF Page Size / Impo Columns & Rows / Gap (gutters). Selecting the appropriate options in each step of the wizard.

Then double click a dummy page placeholder and give it a number that will be referenced by the PDF Link Setup list (one can apply this page number to the entire row or column if desired).

All of the controls are in the sidebar down the left hand side or in the menus.

One can save the layouts for regular use. It seems to handle spot colours. I have not yet tested transparencies, however the PDF file formats that are supported would seem to indicate that transparencies should be supported. I tested that it does not change the resolution or apply further JPEG compression to the imported PDF graphics.

I have not given it exhaustive tests, however what I have seen so far I like. I am sure that it will fill a niche from entry level to beyond.

P.S. Check out the Cut n Stack or Visiting Cards templates to see what is going on with the various settings for these jobs.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Just tried demo. looks like its not for me - its a bit painful when it comes down to ganged layouts, with several element sizes and positions.

However, i just found Press Genie even very suitable for our printshop.

Last edited:
Just tried demo. looks like its not for me - its a bit painful when it comes down to ganged layouts, with several element sizes and positions.

However, i just found Press Genie even very suitable for our printshop.

Ganged layouts with different sized originals and positions are a bit more advanced. I have not looked to see if that is even possible with this software. As they say, "it is what it is" and at the price point for this product I would not expect advanced features.

The last time I checked the website, a demo was not available for Press Genie.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back