improper stacking

While printing very heavy images in high speed heatset web press, on supercalendered and light weight coated paper, there is improper stacking or stacking is very bad, This improves drastically while printing the next signature which has moderate images.
What is the reason. What is the solution

hi there,

are you saying the sheets with heavy incoverage stack inconsistantly whilst sheets with less coverage stack ok? could be the localised paper curl caused by the cureing of the inks drying out certain areas and making the sheets un uniform? i assume this is when sheeting

paul

re - Stacking Problems

re - Stacking Problems

Hello, High gloss paper plus heavy ink coverage is a - Recipe for Handling Problems !

1) Are you sheeting the Web ? 2) Running the Sigs into a Stacker/Bundler?
3) Which type of Signature Fold - Q/fold , Tabloid or Double Parallel ?

Hopefully you are Re-moisturizing the web with a Silicone Concentrate/Water mix ?
Check the % of Silicone concentrate to Water Dilution. Use a Silicone concentrate with a high solids content.

Part 2

1) Apply less silicone? water mix to the web

2) Change the Application Rollers Rotation

Regards, Alois

improper stacking

Thankyou. The fabric conditioner - COMFORT - did give some improvement. It Any recommendation on the quantity or mixing ratio.

The web is cut in the motterfolder to get the quarter fold size signature.
Silicon - water mix is used for remoisturising
Silicon with high solid content - pl suggest one
Less silicon/ water mix to the web - is it reducing the speed of the silicon application roller
Change the Application Rollers Rotation - is it the speed

re Improper Stacking

re Improper Stacking

Hello Suresh,

1) Silicone Solution - speak to your Pressroom Chemicals Supplier

2) Application Rollers - No I don't mean the Speed, I mean CHANGE the Pan Rollers so that they are able to rotate -- CLOCKWISE or ANTI - CLOCKWISE

Regards, Alois

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back