indesign page info pushed job off centre

wonderings

I have not seen this before, but it seems repeatable even when making a sample job. Document size is 4 x 7.25 with a .33" bleed around. It is then set to print on a 5.5 x 8.5 sheet, centred.

Now normally the page info is in this position:
ScreenShot2012-08-29at12851PM.png

But using the layout I mentioned above, it comes out like this:
ScreenShot2012-08-29at12838PM.png

Any idea why the page info would be pushed down like that and mess up the image being centre on the page? This is in Adobe CS6 in OS 10.8.1

It's a bug. Every version of InDesign has done this since day 1 and has been ignored by Adobe. The tagline pushes everything up on the media size if it's under 5.5" in width so you have to turn off the page info under marks and bleeds when generating a PDF. Some imposition layout applications go by the trim box, so it's not an issue, but others throw out page box info and just go by the media size, which then becomes an issue. That said, I'll just save you the time and give you the obligatory Adobe forum response to use a different imposition program. ALL HAIL ADOBE!!

It's a bug. Every version of InDesign has done this since day 1 and has been ignored by Adobe. The tagline pushes everything up on the media size if it's under 5.5" in width so you have to turn off the page info under marks and bleeds when generating a PDF. Some imposition layout applications go by the trim box, so it's not an issue, but others throw out page box info and just go by the media size, which then becomes an issue. That said, I'll just save you the time and give you the obligatory Adobe forum response to use a different imposition program. ALL HAIL ADOBE!!

Thanks for that, first I have ever heard of this problem.

wonderings,
Here is a link, www.indesignsecrets.com/downloads/mrk.pdf that explains how to make a custom marks file.
Here is one I modified that puts the tagline between and at the bottom of the crop marks. You can modify the crop mark offset and the name of you company in any text editor. This works on a Mac with CS4 and CS6. Don't know about a pc. Hope this helps.

//pgmk.v02.00
//Prints page information inside the page area.
//Not useful for prepress work, but quite useful
//when you're printing letter-size drafts on a
//laser printer. Make sure that this PMD file is NOT
//selected when you create your final printout!
<
Style (PageInfoOnPage)
MarksArray
[
<
Type FourCropMarks
Length 18
Weight .25
CropMarkOffset 9
>
//Page information.
<
Type MarkText
Count 2
TextSize 6
RegistrationTextColor 1.0
//Feel free to replace our shameless advertising with
//your own shameless advertising.
FormatString [(%s %s Name of your company)(%s %s)]
InfoValues [PubName PageLabel Date Time]
Location <
Side Bottom
OutAnchor InnerCropMark
//Move info up--36 points is enough to
//get it onto the page for most printers.
//Adjust this value as you see fit.
OutOffset 18
OverAnchor EdgeOfPage
OverDirection [Left Right]
OverOffset [10 10]
MarkCorner [MarkLL MarkLR]
>
>
]
>

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back