Indigo user (want to be) looking for help

kyprinter

Hi all,
We recently purchased a used Indigo Platinum for what we hoped would be an inexpensive way to get our feet wet and test out our market for digital color and VDP. It seems that HP has quit supporting our machine. Does this mean that we will be unable to purchase supplies and tech help? Are there any third party suppliers for these machines? Any independent techs within a reasonable distance from Kentucky? I know that there are a lot of these machines out there that are still able to crank out good work–has HP just made them all scrap metal? If so then how can they expect anyone to invest $300,000+ in a new machine that may be dropped well before the end of its useful life?
Thanks for your help!
Gary

I know they have stopped servicing the 1000's, but the 2000's are almost exactly the same. Almost every part is the same. All the consumables are the same.

I also have a 1000 for our print ministry. I am looking for an HP Tech that may be willing to do some work on the side. Now that HP does not support the 1000's anymore, it should not be a conflict of interest anymore.

We should not have any trouble buying parts and supplies from HP. They are still servicing the 2000's.

Thanks for the reply calvarystand. I was beginning to think no one was going to help me out on this one. If you have any luck finding a tech to service your machine I would appreciate the info and likewise if I have any luck here I will post the contact info. The only one I know of at this time is on the west coast and that is a little (read that to mean a LOT!) too expensive for a small shop like ours to bear.
Thanks again,
Gary

tsdomenichelli,
Could you please post your contact info? I'm located in southeastern Kentucky…would this be in your service area?
Thanks,
Gary

We recently purchased a used Indigo Platinum for what we hoped would be an inexpensive way to get our feet wet and test out our market for digital color and VDP.

Unfortunately, another story where only purchase price was considered; and service, support and maintenance were forgotten.

Personally, I'd probably sell that right away and try to get a new entry level Digital Press to start up. And lease, don't buy (at least in the US).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back