Ink Is The Greatest.......

D Ink Man

Missive Weapon Of All The Battles Of The Learned.

Use to be certainly true. Don't know if it still pertains and resonates.

D Ink Man

Missive Weapon Of All The Battles Of The Learned.

Use to be certainly true. Don't know if it still pertains and resonates.

D Ink Man

My Swift reply: This malignant liquor, was compounded by the engineer who invented it, of two ingredients, which are Gall and Copperas, by its Bitterness and Venom.

Gentlemen, Printing Ink.

"The miracle of turning inklings into thoughts and thoughts into words and words into

metal and print and ink never palls me." John Updike.

Regards, Alois

Give me ink over toner anyday.
A job printed with ink was always reprinted and solution rectified if gas ghosting occured - digital toner gloss ghosting job goes out the door.

A job printed with ink was not acceptable if the screens looked mottled - digital toner it goes out the door

A job printed with ink was not acceptable to have cracking durring folding - digital toner it goes out the door.

A job printed with ink wasnt acceptable if it carbonized during cutting - digital toner chiping during cutting job goes out the door

this is is technology that is being pushed as the replacement to short run offset why are there so many key quality standards being sacrificed compared to a jon printed with INK ?

A job printed with ink was always reprinted and solution rectified if gas ghosting occured - digital toner gloss ghosting job goes out the door.

A job printed with ink was not acceptable if the screens looked mottled - digital toner it goes out the door

A job printed with ink was not acceptable to have cracking durring folding - digital toner it goes out the door.

A job printed with ink wasnt acceptable if it carbonized during cutting - digital toner chiping during cutting job goes out the door

this is is technology that is being pushed as the replacement to short run offset why are there so many key quality standards being sacrificed compared to a jon printed with INK ?

You're pretty much right, but at the end of the day, the dollars and timeline matter for each offset and digital job. Toner press technology is advancing pretty well, but I totally agree that ink on paper is much sexier any day of the week. And it's not like there is some magical technology between ink and toner that we are all ignoring anyways.

Feeling warm and fuzzy after the last two post replies. We are regressing. That's why; Ink Is The Greatest...…….

D

There is no craft left in everyday commercial printing. It's purely commodity printing at this point. There's still a few niches out there, but general commercial printing is a simple commodity. I'd say at least 95% of the customers are just office people or secretaries who just need 500 books because their boss said they needed it for a meeting tomorrow (planning anything ahead of time is dead). They aren't looking for ghosting, or a pixel out of registration - They just want something that's legible and overall fairly decent looking. 95% of the stuff I print these days will be in the trash within 6 months.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back