Ink jet envelope printer

KeepSwimming

I'm looking to get either an iJet NXT, Mach 6 or Formax ColorMax8 for printing all envelopes, including window. Currently, I can print regular envelopes from A2 and remittance to 10x13 on my Ricoh 7100s but have to open the flaps of #10s and smaller. I am outsourcing all window envelopes. I am also outsourcing an envelope job that requires full bleed. My average job is 1,000 to 2,500 envelopes, 1 color. The full bleed is 5,000 6.5 x 9.5 booklet and we do that job about 4 times a year. I know I can sell more though.
If you have operated any of these machines, perhaps you can answer some questions or provide feedback?
Do I need special window envelopes for any of these?
Do you suggest a maintenance agreement?
Are parts / supplies easy to come by?
Do you run any other jobs on it? Letterhead, flyers?
What about variable data? Currently we address them through InDesign, but what about postal barcodes and pre-sort? Is that a separate software? Do they all work with it?
Is the cost of consumables comparable?
Any pros or cons you've experienced?
TIA

Not sure if will work for your needs, but look closely at the Mach 6 from Quadient. I just took a look at these and wrote an article on them ( https://printplanet.com/threads/mail-still-matters.290900/ ). Might help with your needs. It looks as if you don't have a huge volume, so you should not have to spend a lot of money, but be sure to get something durable and that can grow with you if you sell more.

I'm looking to get either an iJet NXT, Mach 6 or Formax ColorMax8 for printing all envelopes, including window. Currently, I can print regular envelopes from A2 and remittance to 10x13 on my Ricoh 7100s but have to open the flaps of #10s and smaller. I am outsourcing all window envelopes. I am also outsourcing an envelope job that requires full bleed. My average job is 1,000 to 2,500 envelopes, 1 color. The full bleed is 5,000 6.5 x 9.5 booklet and we do that job about 4 times a year. I know I can sell more though.
If you have operated any of these machines, perhaps you can answer some questions or provide feedback?
Do I need special window envelopes for any of these?
Do you suggest a maintenance agreement?
Are parts / supplies easy to come by?
Do you run any other jobs on it? Letterhead, flyers?
What about variable data? Currently we address them through InDesign, but what about postal barcodes and pre-sort? Is that a separate software? Do they all work with it?
Is the cost of consumables comparable?
Any pros or cons you've experienced?
TIA
I have Mach 6. Great machine! You. Can message me for specific questions.

We have a mach 6 from Neopost for about 5 years, service wasn't that great for how much it cost, over $2000. We moved on to an iJet Classic, it was around $14k for a really similar machine, but the service contract for us was $990 all service is remote, they have videos and have talked us through everything easily.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back