Ink Presetting on GTO???

Keith1975

My family owns a very small print shop. We have an '85 GTO-52 4-color with Crestlines and the standard ink fountains. Money is especially tight but I was wondering first off if it would be worth the upgrade to laser slit ink fountains. Secondly is it possible to add an ink presetting system and console to a press like this or would it be more practical just to trade it off and buy a press that already has it?

Thanks in Advance,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Kompac Technologies offers a retrofit Ink Fountain Control System that could work perfect for you GTO 42. For about the same as it costs to replace a worn fountain roller, many presses can be easily upgraded to the Kompac Kwik Kolor.

The Kompac Kwik Kolor ink fountain allows for quick and precise ink settings for faster start-ups and reduction of paper waste. It also reduces clean-up time between color changes with its removable side plates and disposable ink liner.

For more informaiton please contact me at [email protected] or (908) 534-8411 ext. 1105.

In the meantime here is a link to the brochure.

http://www.kompactech.com/New/pdf's/Kompac Kwik Kolor.pdf

Best regards,

Sean Gilmore
Director of Marketing
Kompac Technologies

press upgrade

press upgrade

As far as the console and presets, there are companies that add on consoles with digital ink keys.
From a used equipment resellar point of view, you may want to look into a press upgrade. Then you are adding a console, digital ink keys, presets, streamfeeder, pull side guides ,etc. Many upgrades to improve production/quality.

Worth looking into anyway. you may be surprised what you can get

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back