Inline densitometry

inkinveins

I was wondering if anyone is using Heidelberg's " Inpress ", or KBA's version of self-correcting inline densitometric control. How is it working ? , do you like it or not ? , Is it worth the money, etc. etc. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

How does it keep from overcorrecting itself during the makeready period, especially due to outside influences, other than ink key vs. image area rate ?

You should check out manroland's Inline Color Pilot. This system is faster and more accurate than any other on the market so far. The system is developed by Grapho Metronic who have been in the density measurement business for over 30 years.

This system takes three sheets to set the color. I believe that the Heidi system takes about 60 sheets. There are currently two of these systems running in the USA with more on order with new machine sales.

This system takes three sheets to set the color. I believe that the Heidi system takes about 60 sheets. .

Tron,

Can you clarify this statement. It is potentially misleading. Usually for a closed loop system, over a given total number of opportunities to measure, more readings are better than fewer readings.

You should check out manroland's Inline Color Pilot. This system is faster and more accurate than any other on the market so far. The system is developed by Grapho Metronic who have been in the density measurement business for over 30 years.

This system takes three sheets to set the color. I believe that the Heidi system takes about 60 sheets. There are currently two of these systems running in the USA with more on order with new machine sales.

Please clarify this????????

The shortest Make Ready in offset is with an Anilox inking system (Heidelberg or Karat), Ive never used the Karat but the Heidelberg Anicolor is up to color in 10 press sheets..... Proven.

Actually there are fundamental differences in the two systems. The Heidi system uses moving scanning heads in the unit to read the sheets. The manroland system uses cameras (no moving parts). All systems watch the trend over many sheets.

Tron, 3 sheets to set colour!!! wow do you work for Manroland by any chance. I would have thought that with the length of a printing press (ours is 85ft long) setting 8 colours in 3 sheets would be worth a trip from Ripleys. I will have to contact my Manroland rep and find out more.

Hi Cornishpastythighs,

I think we are both using English but yours is the Queens and mine is American.
Let me rephrase: we are able to scan the entire color bar in three sheets with the inline system. The on cosole system will do this in one sheet. Don't make the trip to Ripley's and yes I work for manroland USA not that that really matters as I work in service so we have to make all of this magic work. I think it is most important to continue with the discussion of benifits and short comings of each system so informed decisions can be made. More to follow.

Tron, glad you were able to correct your previous statement as setting colour in 3 sheets would have been something to shout about. I figured you meant Scanning. yes 2 countries seperated by a common language.
Keep the magic happening mate
Cornish

Hi Cornishpastythighs,

I think we are both using English but yours is the Queens and mine is American.
Let me rephrase: we are able to scan the entire color bar in three sheets with the inline system. The on cosole system will do this in one sheet. Don't make the trip to Ripley's and yes I work for manroland USA not that that really matters as I work in service so we have to make all of this magic work. I think it is most important to continue with the discussion of benifits and short comings of each system so informed decisions can be made. More to follow.

Ahhh... Got it!! Thanks for the clarification!

Komori AI

Komori AI

Komori has the AI system.Works very well just a more bloated version of the Heidelberg.Komori system is very nice just a FAR less user friendly console then heidelberg.

Komori has the AI system.Works very well just a more bloated version of the Heidelberg.Komori system is very nice just a FAR less user friendly console then heidelberg.
I was just curious. what is the Heidelberg equivalent of the Komori A.I. technology. And as far as the Komori system being far less user friendly, I am going to go ahead and go out on a limb here and guess you just came off a Heidy, because I had the same feeling about Heidelberg, when I went from a Komori to a Heidelberg, give it some time, you will get use to it. Having run CPC tronic, CP 2000 and Komori LS's for a couple years each, I found the LS to be the most user friendly. To each his own

A good densitometer and a woman would be a good combination. Seeing that woman have an extra chromosome when it comes to colour acutity. I look at it this way, you work hard to get the colour right and consistant for products that end up it the garbage, or in the case of cornishpastythighs, in the refuse can.

A good densitometer and a woman would be a good combination. Seeing that woman have an extra chromosome when it comes to colour acutity. I look at it this way, you work hard to get the colour right and consistant for products that end up it the garbage, or in the case of cornishpastythighs, in the refuse can.

Ha, we say Rubbish bin

But Richard, a woman (good or bad one) works to such fine tolerances that no technology will achieve the targets. According to the statistics from the system I have at home, I've been performing an 11 year make-ready, whilst still not achieving acceptable quality.

Some men are colour blind, I had a manager with that condition. My optrometrist implanted human DNA into a mouse. And that mouse could see better than your average field mouse. He was proud of that. I still paid my $90 session fee. And confirmed my 100% colour acuity. When I discard my ice cream carton to the rubbish bin, I think, we are so spoiled with cartons. But, that's just the way it is.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back