Interesting Blog Found on the Worlds Manufacturing

D Ink Man

JOHN
Chinese Manufacturers globial.com
Chinese Manufacturers:China is the world's biggest exporter and manufacturer of a wide variety of goods. As a result, Chinese companies have become known to produce everything from computer chips to clothes to toys.

3 comments

Adiwan Djohanili • China is catching up with the rest of industrial world. They are building more and more chemical plants for various industries as well.

Sanjay Bhatija • Yes, China is taking the world with a storm. But alongwith the bulk quantity and the different product lines, they have to be more cautious about the quality too. There might be two type of products they manufacturing - good one & comparatively cheaper one with compromise on quality; but their main image is of use and through type of products. They have to be more quality cautious.

Sammy

I guess that I am being the contrarian here based off the last 2 replies.

I believe the US is actually in a turn around state. So many goods are sold from China in the US. All you have to do is go to your local Walmart to verify that one.

The attractiveness of manufacturing in the US is returning. I'll state the reasons.

1) Quality overall is better in an American product.

2) The wages that are being paid Chinese workers is going up, due to the demand of peoples services because of shear volume of goods produced. This is beginning to negate some of the advantages in cost of goods, which has given the Chinese some edge versus US wages and cost to produce.

3) Shipping costs will always be an issue. Coming across the heartland of the US will always be cheaper than the shipping costs coming over either pond from China.

4) Timely deliveries are another major factor. Goods that take 45 to say 90 days to manufacture, package, ship and deliver will not be fast enough. As the economy eventually improves, the demand for consumer goods will rise. This demand will force more demand for domestically made products. Supply and demand will be severely challenged by this. No matter how well an inventory is kept, it cannot forsee the unexpected demand that will always occur.

5) The focus and #1 priority in the US is Job Creation. Although the stagnation in Washington has been to slow to respond, it will remain a primary focus.

6) Eventually it is felt that the US government will do something about the unfair trade balance due to generally low tariffs on imports. Fair trade needs improvement. Wake up Washington!

7) The government must also do something to lower the corporate rate on taxes (35% currently I believe). It makes it more favoring for corporations to set up shop out of the US, because of significantly lower tax rates. Wake up Washington!

The combination of these things will once again make the United States of America the leader in manufacturing and a standard for business on the planet. It is just a matter of time.

That is still the largest question. It will be sooner than most believe.

What ya Think?

Last edited:
"If not let him to die, will not let you to live"

Same story everywhere. Eventually we will buy "fresh bread" made in PRC.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back