Intermitten registration problem on Epson 9800

mglouis

Yesterday we had a machine go in and out of register while printing the same page. By register I am referring to the printers ability to print all ink channels on top of one another. The misregistration happened in the direction of the print head, along the length of the roll. Print method is uni-directional.

I am not able to replicate the problem today.

Naturally I would like to protect ourselves against the reoccurance of this happening again but I am stumped as to what might have caused this. Any thoughts as to if this is more likely the result of software, data transmission, mechanical or internal sensor? If I find an answer outside this forum, I'll update this post accordingly.

Thank you,
Matt Louis

Clean The ENCODER

Clean The ENCODER

Clean the Horizontal encoder

Put Of the machine
press the cutter for uncouple the print head aseembly, and move to en of carriage, clean one transparent film over and conected to print head across the the machine. special from midle to home position.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back