IPEX 2010 updates

X33

so, for those going to IPEX 2010, what did you see that you liked? or did not like?

vendors, products, services, software, trends, etc?

Saw the new Xerox DC 1000 and wasn't overly impressed with the clear toner though I have to admit I haven't looked at the clear toner on the canon C1 or the kodak nexpress so can't really say whether it's better or worse than other clear toner.

Was very impressed with uchida kit. Their aerocut looks like a good budget alternative to the duplo 615/645. They also showed a fantastic sublimation glosser/foiler that looks like it works on heavy weight card and also adheres to polymer toners found in most current colour machines.

Also looked at the Xerox 1000 and was quite impressed, although agree about the Clear Toner not being that amazing. I think the "6th station" was more interesting as it means they're likely to be adding further colours/specials.

The machine basically seems to iron out the majority of the problems that the X5000,7000,8000 (AP and 2 versions) have.

With the exception of the feeders and finishers it does seem to be an entirely new system.

Saw the new Xerox DC 1000 and wasn't overly impressed with the clear toner though I have to admit I haven't looked at the clear toner on the canon C1 or the kodak nexpress so can't really say whether it's better or worse than other clear toner.

Was very impressed with uchida kit. Their aerocut looks like a good budget alternative to the duplo 615/645. They also showed a fantastic sublimation glosser/foiler that looks like it works on heavy weight card and also adheres to polymer toners found in most current colour machines.

Just demoed the uchida aerocut today. Seems to be positioned between the Duplo 615 and the Duplo 645.

It can take a much larger sheet size than the Duplo 615. It is also slighty faster than Duplo 615 but seems far slower than the 645. Creasing seems okay, I did not see any cracking. The creasing pressure is adjustable by a manual dial. The belt air suction system for paper feeding works well too.
All the slitters are fully adjustable from the control panel touch screen. The perf wheels however are to be manually adjusted.

Just demoed the uchida aerocut today. Seems to be positioned between the Duplo 615 and the Duplo 645.

It can take a much larger sheet size than the Duplo 615. It is also slighty faster than Duplo 615 but seems far slower than the 645. Creasing seems okay, I did not see any cracking. The creasing pressure is adjustable by a manual dial. The belt air suction system for paper feeding works well too.
All the slitters are fully adjustable from the control panel touch screen. The perf wheels however are to be manually adjusted.

We had a demo a couple of weeks ago and bought one on the spot. Haven't really played with a 645 so can't comment on the speed. The aerocut does have a speed adjustment. It's quite fussy about the length of a sheet and gets upset if you have more than 15mm of waste at the tail. You can lie to it, but that often results in the tail waste following the sheet through and getting jammed. Interestingly it's fine with any size of waste on the lead edge.It just munches it into 15mm waste strips. No idea why it can't do the same on the other end!

All in all we're very happy. There will hopefully be a scoring wheel available in the not too distant future, which will be manual like the perf wheel but still very useful to us for greetings cards.

All I need now is our KM dealer to get their act together and sort out our km8000 deal!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back