Job Negotiation

Cory Smith

195-Job-Negotiation.png

I have actually had a situation very close to this.... Young people today don't seem to have a clue...

This is so not funny that it's TOO funny. However I would not limit; it's not only young people without a clue!

I prepress files for a packaging company, and a graphic designer had made all type a CMYK version of Cool Gray 8 in an Illustrator file. What a printer's nightmare! So I called to ask her to make it a shade of black only and she actually asked me "How do you make type black?" Thank goodness we'd just vacuumed the floors or I'd still be pulling muck out of my mouth! Anyhoo, I digress...

That's funny, I just saw a question in a design forum asking about a dark tint of black in small type on their business cards. There's dots in it! Nawwwww. Somebody in the forum told them to use a spot grey. If they don't run it as a spot, but in CMYK....

It's a dangerous place. Talking about bleeding, having processes killed, other nasty operations like cutting. Whadda you mean cut ? Wanna cut my job ??

Years ago when I was in the process of purchasing my first life insurance policy, the salesman asked, "what do you do for a living?" I replied, "I am a stripper." He stopped writing and looked me over head to toe and said, "Well....." I then explained the job. He smiled and said, "I didn't think you looked like that type of guy."

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back