Job planning software

Static

I posted this elsewhere but maybe I'll get a answer here...

Apparently Publishers Press has created some kind of planning software that they have their customers use that lays out the magazine and allows them to reorganize the pages. It allows them to drag and drop pages to a list to setup what their magazine will look like. From what I can tell it colors ads and editorial pages blue or green so the customer can organize their book before sending it in. The software also lets you enter all the important information of the magazine into the software like page size, paper type, ect. It also lets the customer write notes on the pages for their own reference, so something like Main story article on pages 70-75. So its like a digital job planner that gives everyone access to edit that layout...I guess.

So I am wondering if there is any software/program that does something similar? Or if anyone knows what that software really does if I am off base?

thanks for any help!

Looking for something more basic without the imposition stuff in it. We use Preps for Imposition. Need something designed for the average customer so it doesn't need to have a form break down or stuff like that.

Just needs to be a program that list the pages in the magazine, a way to label which ones are ads and which ones are editorial, automatically figure out percentage of ads for the magazine, and be able to add notes for pages or section of pages.

Actually the software I am looking for only does the job planning part on the customer side. EFI Prograph Publication Planning Module looks like to me is full blown job planning system for the prepress side. The EFI software looks similar to Upfront which isn't what I am looking for.

I need a stand alone program on the customer/designer side that they fill out the layout of their magazine. This "layout program" is only for refrence purposes and not part of production. The layout will allow the labeling of ads and editorial. And since it can lable which pages have ads, It automaticly calculates the % of ads in there magazine for postal reasons and basicly is a summery of their job.

Static:

How does this description sound?

:Apogee Media is an integrated publishing system that combines content creation and management with layout and editorial workflows.

AGFA.com - :Apogee Media

Regards,

Looks like Apogee Media is a publishing creation software that is online. So kinda like something that a brochure or business card printer would have so customers can create their own work. Thats not what I am looking for. I would say it would be more closer to something like :Apogee ProjectManager as far as the first part of it goes but without all the automation/impostion stuff that it has afterwards.

Like I said before, it must be easy to use for a customer.

Think of it as one of the first things you would get from a customer, some call it a print order and some have it worked into their quotes. But all it is a program the customers use to create a mock up of there magazine with info includeing page size, page positions, percetage of ads, special mailing instructions, special printing instructions and maybe print quantity. Then they print this form out and supply with there signed quote paper work.

So if it is like anything I would say it has the look of DALiM PRINTEMPO or DALiM MiSTRAL(Work The Way YOU Want To Work: Dalim Software ) but has the functionality of ONLY the before mentioned items. Main item being the auto calculation of ads for postal soft.

Currently we just use a simple grid printed on a piece of paper that they fill out for each magazine and a excell sheet they fill out for percentage of ads. And that has worked fine for 40+ years but now some people are getting fancy and I am looking for ways to adapt to something more digital.

The Prograph Publication Planning Module is used my many customer's of publications printers. For example, TV Guide uses it to drop individual pages into the layout template and send to thier printers.

There is a full blown version that the printer can have that will do the estimating, order entry, production planning & controll, etc. It used to be Prograph, then later integrated into EFI Hagen as Hagen Pro, now its part of Hagen Monarch.

The Prograph Publication Planning Module is used my many customer's of publications printers. For example, TV Guide uses it to drop individual pages into the layout template and send to thier printers.

There is a full blown version that the printer can have that will do the estimating, order entry, production planning & controll, etc. It used to be Prograph, then later integrated into EFI Hagen as Hagen Pro, now its part of Hagen Monarch.

The pdf brochure for Prograph didn't seem what I was looking for but I'll contact EFI and see if they have a demo or better marketing material. Thanks for the info! Maybe this is what I am looking for.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back