Kba rapida 75-4 vs Ryobi 784 or.....

naposim

Hello,
Could anyone give me professional opinion on these two press machines: KBA RAPIDA 75-4 (year 2009) and RYOBI 784E (year 2006-2008). Which one is better regarding performance and reliability?
Our situation is that we can’t have higher power consumption, so we need to stay limited to the 35-40KW machines. We currently run on the SM52 and we want to go one step further regarding format size (from B3 to B2), so will these two mentioned above provide high quality? As I see these are only ones currently on the market that we can buy.
Most of our press work is done on 150-230gr paper (80%), 80gr paper (15%) and 300gr paper(5%), just to have clear view what kind of machine we are looking for.

Thanx in advance.

does anyone have any experience on any of this two machines ,i need some backup info from people who work on this machines what they like on machine and what they dislike ....

You already have a SM52. Maybe you should stay with a brand you know and have a smaller learning curve. If it is a question of cost and power supplies then both machines are probably OK. However KBA is a dedicated press manufacturer and Ryobi builds more than just presses.

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to stay with Haidelberg but Sm 74-4 have power consuption of 49KW ,and for PM74-4 I couldn't find that information.
According to my knowledge this Kba is not true Kba Rapida...this Rapida is manufactured in Czech Republic ,the predecessor of this Rapida is Performa and what i heard of one colleague that they have a lot of problem with druck pressure on they Kba Performa machine.

I feel need to apologize for my bad english grammar. :eek:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back