KM 6500 with Creo Imposition Setting

marvinlvr

I'm going to try to explain this, hopefully someone will know what I am talking about as I am about to go crazy. We have a KM 6500 with the Creo RIP. When it was first installed you could send a 1up file and use the Creo Imposition to fit it, say 10 up on an 8.5 x 11. In the number of copies you put in 100 (the final amount you needed, trimmed) and it would print out 10 sheets. AWESOME. Then at some point they came in and did an update. Next time I put in 100 I got 100 SHEETS. No Bueno. I asked them to fix it and was told that the engineers had disabled it for this version and I couldn't do it. So I had to do my own math.

Fast forward about a year and after many, many, many issues and many visits by every KM person in CA, we got a visit from a new employee to help us with some other issues. I mentioned how much I missed that feature and was bummed it had been taken away. She was surprised I thought it wasn't available and promptly set it back up to do my math for me. Happiness ensued. Except for the part where the printer rarely worked right.

Last week KM sent someone out to re-install the Creo Rip to get rid of some strange issues we were having. Great. The issues went away. But so did the functionality of it counting for me. And once again it's making me do math. I called to ask that they come turn it back on and was told again that the engineers took that function away. The employee that had come and fixed it last time had quit and moved away.

So, does anyone know how to turn this function back on? I am REALLY bad at math, especially when I am in a hurry and am used to putting in the total number of copies I need, not how many total sheets I want.

Help.

Calculator

Calculator

Have same setup never seen this option. But are you kidding me get a calculator.
What takes 5 seconds.

Number of Copies vs Num of sheets

Number of Copies vs Num of sheets

At some stage Creo received market feedback that users prefer to enter the number of sheets in an imposition job, rather than the number of final items. So shortly after version 1 of the RIP they changed this functionality. Unfortunately no one asked the users who prefer the second method.

Good news is a patch was released that would enable either method. Hopefully you are running version 2.1 and need to ask your service engineer to install the patch "N-of-Copy-V2.1". There were equivalent patches for earlier versions as well.

This patch restores the functionality that the number of copies means that number of final items in a step and repeat imposition.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back