KM C6000 experience

sykomac

Good day all.

We are seriously looking at a Konica Minolta C6000 for use in our press room.

Has anyone here had any experience - good or bad - using this system?

We actually do a lot of work on 130# Cover Stock. The salesman said it would be no problem. He took some stock to print some samples. I haven't heard how that has gone yet.

Is this machine particular about humidity, etc. ?

Is the registration from sheet to sheet good ?

Thanks,
Paul

Have you used any konica equipment before? I havent run the 6000 so I can only speak on the older model machines like the 6500.

You shouldnt have much of a problem with that paper, generally the machines will run more then they're spec'd for.

Humidity can be an issue depending where you are. If humidity is a concern on your other equipment, it probably will be on the konica as well. (they do have an optional de-curler as well)

our tech can't seem to get the registration consistent...been a nightmare this first week.

Ooh man where are you. I didn't realize that you were the one with registration problem on C6000. I think that you are unlucky with techs :)
C6000 has much better registration then 700 or can be achieved.
Did your tech try the suggestion that I've provided in your other post?

sykomac Any digital printer is particular about humidity. If a salesman is telling you it ain't. Then when you place your first service call the tech will tell it.
Anyway C6000 is a great piece of equipment.

If you don't keep digital equipment in an environmentally controlled room you WILL NOT be happy with it's performance. I knew of one place that had theirs in a press room and the internal temperature of the machine got so high it would through out error codes left and right. The tech finally told them that they would not work on the machine until it was in the proper environment. Ask for something like a customer expectation document, that will lay down the proper environment for you.

I have had the C6000 for about 2 months now.
Not 1 problem yet, registration perfect on duplexing, colours perfect, can print 350gsm as long as you stay with in a certain card thickness. Has inbuilt heaters in a all trays for paper, large capacity has heater and air assist. I am yet to have a paper jam!
I use the inbuilt controller too, no Fiery or Creo needed, it prints what you put in.

130lb is 350gsm the 6000 only does 300gsm about a 12pt.
If you have trouble they wont support that weight of paper.
The 8000 does 350gsm and internal re-humidifier to help with
any paper issues. Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C8000 - YouTube

MacDaddy is correct about 350gsm. The C6000 will not run this weight paper, the C8000 will. The re-humidifier he mentioned is also available on the C6000 however. Both the C8000 and C6000/C7000 products dehumidify coated paper in the paper feed unit and can add ambient moisture back into uncoated paper post-fusing with both of these options added. That being said, this will aid in moisture issues within the paper - the operating environment should still be optimal as this effects more than paper.

I have had a Fuji Xerox 700 for a month, the internal fiery ran very slow and then crashed they replaced it with an external one with was much better, then they had to replaced the main part of the 700 as the print register was over 1.5 mm out between sheets, the 2nd one was the same, the service guys tried for 2 months to fix it but in the end Fuji Xerox decided they were unable to make in any better so they cancelled the contract and told me to find another supplier!!.

I think I will go back to Konica Minolta I have a 5000 before and that was much much better- no problems

Sounds like the 6000 will be good for me

I would like to point out that there are a few tricks that will possibly allow you to run thicker stock past 300gsm, while konica wont support it. Alot of times you are able to get the machine to run it.

We quite often run heavy 15pt/16pt stocks on your 6500

our tech can't seem to get the registration consistent...been a nightmare this first week.

We had a lot of registration problems, but that was due mostly to have the smaller LCT. We recently upgraded to the two tier tray and it is much better with registration throughout run (1/32" variance).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back