KM C7000 vs Xerox 800/1000

Martin Bossley

Currently investigating digital press solutions - does anyone have any experiences in particular with Konica Minolta Bizhub Press C7000 and Xerox 800/1000.

In addition I have been reviewing Danwood as a potential supplier any views positive or negative welcome.

Martin

I'd be interested to know if anyone (danwood included) are selling the xerox 800 in the UK as every dealer I've spoken to swears blind that they can only sell the 1000 in the UK.

I'd be interested to know if anyone (danwood included) are selling the xerox 800 in the UK as every dealer I've spoken to swears blind that they can only sell the 1000 in the UK.

I think it was due for Q2/3 ...so July I'm guessing. Will be interesting to see how they price it... I'd put money on them putting it up against the Konica 8000... i.e £100-120k ish.

That's what I heard, UK release of the x800 shortly & priced very, very aggressively vs the KM8000. I've had to eat my words, as originally I believed that these machines were in different classes, but they are priced head to head so direct comparisons must be made.

Josh, I can't give actual prices for confidentiality reasons, but you are estimating too cheap for a UK km8000 (basic system with 5000 sheet stacker & creo or fiery rip) based on firm quotations I have in hand.

Josh, I can't give actual prices for confidentiality reasons, but you are estimating too cheap for a UK km8000 (basic system with 5000 sheet stacker & creo or fiery rip) based on firm quotations I have in hand.

...I'm not estimating. You need to get your quotes looked at :) ...this is after price increases. Original quotes we had were £100k.

...I'm not estimating. You need to get your quotes looked at :) ...this is after price increases. Original quotes we had were £100k.

I can fully back up Josh on that. Basic km8000 is under £100k. I've had several quotes, unfortunately it's just not the machine for us.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I guess KM see us as a cash cow :( The monthly click charges make the machine payment look like peanuts, so I would have thought that KM would want to make 100% sure that our upgrades were 6501->8000 rather than 6501->x800.

Are your quotes through resellers or KM direct?

As far as I'm aware the km8000 is avaiable from KM direct, Danwood and Balreed. I would get a quote from all three if I were you.

overscan, btw Zerographic (01934 636393) for sure are going to be selling the x800 as a rep was in the other day talking to me about it. One or two of the people from KM have washed up there after the mass exodus from the production print division, so you may see a familiar face. I know absolutely nothing about that reseller btw, so not a recommendation as such.

Ifelton, there has not been a mass exodus from the KM Production Print Division. There has only been one personnel change in the last year.

Oh do behave wolfster, I know three of them myself. Are you even talking about the right country? Who the heck cares anyway? I only mentioned it to overscan because our old KM account manager is at the reseller mentioned and overscan probably knows him too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back