KM C8000 color gradient

Ok, So its really an issue with either your RIP or your C8000. Mine printed real fine. (see attached scan)
Sorry i cant help you more.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 186
Have you tried turning grey processing off? I once had that problem on our C8000 - I ended up using another colour press that ran on Creo which worked, but I've since learned that this sometimes does the trick.
Screen shot 2014-03-19 at 3.32.42 PM.png

I used your settings, but doesn't work.
settings.jpg

I begin to think about replacing of Drums.

Could you say me what version of firmware you have installed?

Do not replace drums.
Try and change the default output profile in Color Settings (let it be for ex. Fiery 80C-KM Coated v1F).

Its got nothing to do with the rip or the copier. your file size is too small. you cant have detail printing at 1200 dpi with a file that is under 1 meg.
Download a high res 5 meg file from Istock and print it. I am willing to bet it looks fine. Make sure you aren't creating pdfs with the standard setting.
Use high quality for printing or pdfx.

Its got nothing to do with the rip or the copier. your file size is too small. you cant have detail printing at 1200 dpi with a file that is under 1 meg.
Download a high res 5 meg file from Istock and print it. I am willing to bet it looks fine. Make sure you aren't creating pdfs with the standard setting.
Use high quality for printing or pdfx.

Ignore the above comments; the file is fine. PitStop tells me that the image is CMYK and 300dpi at print size.

I have output the file on our C8000/Fiery both by printing to the hold queue and using the standard Fiery RIP and also by dropping the file into hold and using the APPE option. Whichever I choose, the output is good. Our Fiery is v9r2 and the engine has the latest firmware (upgraded yesterday, by coincidence). The annoying thing is that I am sure I have seen an effect like this before (on a C6500) but can't recall what caused it.

Our colour settings are much the same as yours except the grey & black processing is set to "Text/graphics". We have had unexpected results if it is left set to "Text/graphics/images". Are the settings on your "Image" tab all set to the defaults?

I try all settings about image, with poor result, it seems that a specific range of cyan gradient is not interpreted correctly.
Change profile moves the problem inside the picture.
The fiery is updated, I download all patches, so now I want update firmaware of engine.

Hey my friend, did you ask your tech about that problem?

To me it looks like Gamma offset on your machine is way out.
Perform Gamma offset adjustment then do calibration and the problem should disappear.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask your tech.

Cheers.

Let me know with the results please.

Have you tried composite overprint. I know it helps with gradients with my KM 8000. I ran your file with no problem on my system.

-Dan

Hey my friend, did you ask your tech about that problem?

To me it looks like Gamma offset on your machine is way out.
Perform Gamma offset adjustment then do calibration and the problem should disappear.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask your tech.

Cheers.

Let me know with the results please.

do you mean Auto Gamma offset Adjustment?
Yes I do it, but tomorrow I will try again
I will inform you.
Thanks

I tried all options about color image.
Today I updated the firmware engine.
The Fiery is 9.2 version.
Have you Fiery or Creo?

do you mean Auto Gamma offset Adjustment?
Yes I do it, but tomorrow I will try again
I will inform you.
Thanks

No, I don't mean Auto gamma offset adjustment.
Neither Auto gamma adjustment.
I meant Printer Gamma Offset Adj. also called Printer Gamma Offset Adj. Manual.
Download Gamma offset.pdf

This adjustment has to be done for each screen (or at least for the one you use, probably Dot1).

Like I wrote, if you don't know what you're doing, better call your tech and ask him to perform this adjustment.
Good luck.

Attachments

• Gamma offset.pdf
    396.2 KB · Views: 239
I have a similar issue, but only happens on A3 gloss paper...
and it runs on one side of the sheet along the 297cm side.
Technicians baffled, well i dont really blame them, as in our region we have the only C8000....
I think there are only six in South Africa....
I dont think there are even any Ricoh or xerox equivalent machines around us...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back