KM1200 and Carbonless Paper

Craig

Does anyone running KM1200's have issues with carbonless paper effecting the drums and cleaning blades? We run Nakoosa Universal and when we run more than a few hundred sheets we almost always have to pull the cleaning unit out to clean off the blade. My tech keeps telling me we can't run carbonless, but non of the literature states that.

We run NCR in our 1200 all the time. We usually get eXcell brand.
Jams a lot more than regular stock, but besides that it runs fine.

Thanks! Do you know if you are running a "Copier" NCR or just an everyday NCR?

The 1200s and 1250s are work-horses and can run a lot of garbage--I was a systems analyst and trainer for a KM dealer (until Monday of this week! :) ). We sold a ton of these to mail shops. As with most of these digital presses, you just need the right paper and the right tech. Get your "Spec and Install" guide from the tech and also the "Throughout Assurance" guide. These should have approved stock lists. We had plenty of sites running NCR, I just can't tell you what they were using unfortunately. If it comes down to it, ask your tech put in a KM support ticket and get a definite answer from them.

Happy Printing,
Dwight

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back