km6500/01 - NCR

xit791

Anyone running ncr on a Konica-Minolta 6500 or 6501? Sales guy says it can run it.

How does the mahcine handle coated text / coated cover? Duplex these?

Thanks.

We tried and it on our KM 6500 and it made a real mess. Pages are stuck together with static? and the tacky residue from the ncr coating made it jam. Ended up running the job litho.

If you haven't yet, you should try using digital NCR paper, litho NCR paper may cause you problems. If you are trying to use something like a 70gsm litho stock then I think you will probably be SOL even if you have the KM high cap trays and pre-heater.

We mostly litho NCR paper, but I know the guys have run short NCR jobs digitally on both our Xerox and Konica machines. It's a PITA if you are numbering at the same time and it jams, but I know they've done quite a bit of work on Xerox NCR and Giroform laser.

I know that we've had plenty of grief over the years with Xerox B&W and colour machines jamming on NCR and it really is down to finding a good digital NCR paper that suits the machine.

BTW, there is loads of info on the 6501 and coated stock on this forum, just search for it to save repetition.

As I told by Konica technical support that we cant run NCR on Knonica 6500. But if someont has tried litho NCR successfully, please send me their website link. Thanks in advance.

I have ran litho ncr with no problems, the only thing i would say thay is comes out very wavy and in my case if your making duplicate or trip. books they dont look great cause there not flat

anyone else had this problem

No problem with Appleton NCR

No problem with Appleton NCR

We just ran a batch (1,000 sheets) of 2 part NCR 11x17 litho wt. with our Canon IR7095. No problem at all. Sheets came out flat and not problem with padding...

It was our first try. So far so good....

You need to run it with a RU unit and have curl reform set to DOWN.

Can i add a ru unit to my 6501 with the small booklet finisher unit? If so what is the costing for it?

Is it healthy to run litho grade ncr on the km or should i stick to digital grade

thanks

Can i add a ru unit to my 6501 with the small booklet finisher unit? If so what is the costing for it?

Is it healthy to run litho grade ncr on the km or should i stick to digital grade

thanks

Unfortunately the RU unit available only when you use the production inline finishing options. That being the SD506, FS521, FS-503 or the GBC Punch Kit.

I would also strongly recommend sticking to the digital grade NCR paper.

Try running it Letter R vs Letter, we have better results on our MP9000 that way. Also have found the Nekoosa brand (litho not digital) runs the best on that machine.

I print C6501, Appleton NCR, and no problem. This NCR is very like some simple Plain paper 80 gr.

The new Appleton Superior NCR really does appear to work for offset or digital.
I am impressed (so far).
I think the cats over at NCR realized XeroForm was a bunch of expletive deleted.
XeroForm and the old Appleton Superior NCR curled up in our Ikon branded KM.. bad.
Like, had to uncurl the sheets, put them back in order and place something heavy on top of them bad. It was actually kind of funny to see them going all over the place.

The new Appleton Superior NCR really does appear to work for offset or digital.
I am impressed (so far).
I think the cats over at NCR realized XeroForm was a bunch of expletive deleted.
XeroForm and the old Appleton Superior NCR curled up in our Ikon branded KM.. bad.
Like, had to uncurl the sheets, put them back in order and place something heavy on top of them bad. It was actually kind of funny to see them going all over the place.

If you have a relay unit set you curl reform to down or up. Perfectly flat NCR!

Try running it Letter R vs Letter, we have better results on our MP9000 that way. Also have found the Nekoosa brand (litho not digital) runs the best on that machine.

Bingo! run it all day long on an imageRunner 7095.

Little wavy but hey I am never putting 1,000 sheets on offset again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back