Versatile, Reliable, Beginner Press

if you think you can run those volumes monthly you are dreaming
350k A4 @ 100ppm = 58 hours work / 20 days = 2.9 hours per day. Most shops are active 8-9 or more hours per day and most work more than 20 days per month, leaving plenty of inactivity time, a couple of mornings for tech visits, etc. Looks reasonable to me.

As an aside, if running those volumes, there are so many benefits in splitting the workload across two machines, rather than having all your eggs in one basket. Particularly when you are dependent on always having uptime to despatch same day/next day orders.

Last edited:
Care to expand on what you mean? To whom and which scenario are you referring to?
if you think you can run those volumes on the machines that were listed you are dreaming
most people on a versant 180 run 20K per month and on the 3100 50K a month
I have over 100 versants on service and have been servicing print shops for 35 years
do the math at 150 k per month it means the machine will have 10 million clicks on it
in 35 years I have seen a handful of machines with that kind of meter
and to not uk the person inquiring isnt going to run A4 and no printer runs A4
all printers run 12x18 and 13x19 US size
if you ran the machine 8 hours a day everyday then it would add up to 350K volume
that doesnt include the hours of downtime and everything else that goes on during the day

and to not uk the person inquiring isnt going to run A4 and no printer runs A4
all printers run 12x18 and 13x19 US size
European specs are quoted in ISO216 paper sizes, US specs will be quoted in US sizes. Certainly this side of the pond, printer speeds and model numbers which include the speed as part of the numbering convention, are based on A4 size, irrespective that A4 is not a production size.
My math still stands. A machine with a monthly recommended volume of 350k A4 will loosely equate to half that at A3 / SRA3 and guess what... the printing time will be similar!

European specs are quoted in ISO216 paper sizes, US specs will be quoted in US sizes. Certainly this side of the pond, printer speeds and model numbers which include the speed as part of the numbering convention, are based on A4 size, irrespective that A4 is not a production size.
My math still stands. A machine with a monthly recommended volume of 350k A4 will loosely equate to half that at A3 / SRA3 and guess what... the printing time will be similar!
The OP said he printed 350,000 A3/SRA3 per month, not 350,000 A4. That's why he's trying to correct you. Nothing to do with your math, it's just that whatever your math is based on is not quite as relevant.

The OP said he printed 350,000 A3/SRA3 per month, not 350,000 A4. That's why he's trying to correct you. Nothing to do with your math, it's just that whatever your math is based on is not quite as relevant.

Yes they said 350k SRA3 but Azehnali was refering to the 350k A4 as dreaming as per spec of the machine and why Ynot_UK was using that figure.

Either way I'd be getting more than one machine for that volume, I'd say the V280 would be needing a 2nd BTR a day!

My 350k was in response to Jacob's post showing the Xerox 4100 with a rating of 350k A4 a month, which the other guy suggested was not realistic.
I wasn't referring to the OP's volume, which as you correctly indicate is coincidentally also 350k, but at double the size+

Ok you guys win.

Agree with pippip that if you're up against the machine's limits you might as well diversify a bit and get a second machine, especially if you are down for a few days awaiting parts or on a weekend with a big job and your machine goes down, it could really make a difference.

Agree with pippip that if you're up against the machine's limits you might as well diversify a bit and get a second machine, especially if you are down for a few days awaiting parts or on a weekend with a big job and your machine goes down, it could really make a difference.
absolutely - the OP will defo need at least two machines for redundancy and the ability to be printing two jobs concurrently - on his other post (below) he has indicative volumes of between 40 and 75 orders per day of 500-1000 flyers. At the low end and if they were all simplex, for A5 4-up, that's 5,000 SRA3 sheets across 40 sorts. I would recommend two machines of the same breed, using the same consumables and parts. In the quick turnaround flyers business, you can't be a one machine operation and down for a day...

We serve over 200-300 customers per day for large format print, as the most other product asked for is flyers and leaflets by our existing customers, we think its a good idea to make more revenue from each order.

We believe 20-25% customers will happily add short runs of 500-1000 A5 flyers to their orders, as an average, but also anticipate larger orders as we serve alot of restaurants and takeaways.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back