Kodak Electra XD plates

We have been running them on a 10 colour B1 Komori for about 10 months alcohol free, Picture framing on the press has been quite bad, I've tried 3 founts and have eventually managed to find one that dose not require the printers to run the damps extremely high just to keep the plates clear. Have not been able to solve the picture framing.

Richkom, were you having picture framing before using these plates? Just curious because we use same plates and have the same problem also on komori press.

Richkom, we use 141-143 from prisco with alkaless 3000 sub. It hasnt cleaned up the picture framing but has solved other problems. Was using questar ctp 1step but i wanted to control how much sub to use so we switched. Have tried others from prisco, bottcher,anchor,rycoline but so far 141-143 has worked the best.

We run Alcohol free with the Substifix-AF but it requires re-hardened RO Water. I tried the Rycoline but it was burning through the bottom of the damp pans lol. We have just installing a new 8 colour and ran first job on Sunday but still getting the picture framing. I have noticed other threads talking about grain direction on the plates being a possible issue, any ideas?

Rycoline, thats funny! ya ive read those threads about grain direction also but never really looked into it. I have been trying different mix ratios with my fountain solution and sub and have improved the framing on the sides (blanket and back cylinder) but not the back, hope you understand what im saying. Komori demonstator told me the other day that Fuji seems to be the most used plates he has seen out in the field. Interesting.
Can you go back to fuji?

Hi Never, We are in a contract with the Kodak supplier at the present. Have you reported the picture framing to Kodak? I hope to be speaking with them tomorrow to discuss this problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back