Kodak Insite

Paint

Hello,

We have a issue with getting email notifications from Insite since we switched over to Office 365.
Basically we are not getting any since the switch over and like wise our customers are not getting any either.
We had a on-site 2013 Exchange serve and never had any issues. I have gone through and rechecked everything
and it all seems like it is setup to Kodak's specs also had them go through it as well. Is anyone running Insite
and Office 365 without any issues. Thanks in advance for info you might be able to share.

Our Insite Server is running 9.0.1.75

Insite Server. IIS 6.0 Manager. Delivery tab. Outbound Connections button. What TCP port are you using? Advanced button. Make sure you have a fully qualified domain filled in with the Insite server name and also make sure the Smart Host is filled in with the proper info which will be info from your email server.

For some reason when we upgraded Windows to Windows 2019 server we could no longer use port 25 and had to switch to 587. Also the smart host had to be changed from the normal secure.XXXXXXXX.com which is the recommended server from our email provider to smtp.XXXXXXXX.com. The first part "secure" had to be changed to "smtp".

Hello,

We have a issue with getting email notifications from Insite since we switched over to Office 365.
Basically we are not getting any since the switch over and like wise our customers are not getting any either.
We had a on-site 2013 Exchange serve and never had any issues. I have gone through and rechecked everything
and it all seems like it is setup to Kodak's specs also had them go through it as well. Is anyone running Insite
and Office 365 without any issues. Thanks in advance for info you might be able to share.

Our Insite Server is running 9.0.1.75
Have you followed the instructions here?

Insite Server. IIS 6.0 Manager. Delivery tab. Outbound Connections button. What TCP port are you using? Advanced button. Make sure you have a fully qualified domain filled in with the Insite server name and also make sure the Smart Host is filled in with the proper info which will be info from your email server.

For some reason when we upgraded Windows to Windows 2019 server we could no longer use port 25 and had to switch to 587. Also the smart host had to be changed from the normal secure.XXXXXXXX.com which is the recommended server from our email provider to smtp.XXXXXXXX.com. The first part "secure" had to be changed to "smtp".
Hi Joe,

Yes I am using port 587, and as far as I can tell everything is setup properly, we are using (smtp.office365.com).... thanks

Hi Joe,

Yes I am using port 587, and as far as I can tell everything is setup properly, we are using (smtp.office365.com).... thanks

Are the generated emails getting to the mailroot\Badmailfolder? On our system that is at: J:\inetpub\mailroot\Badmail. If they are in there you can open them in a text editor to see the error message as to why they didn't send which might give you a clue as to why they are not sending.

Also have you ran icu from the Insite server command prompt to change the mail settings in there?

Are the generated emails getting to the mailroot\Badmailfolder? On our system that is at: J:\inetpub\mailroot\Badmail. If they are in there you can open them in a text editor to see the error message as to why they didn't send which might give you a clue as to why they are not sending.

Also have you ran icu from the Insite server command prompt to change the mail settings in there?
Hi Joe,

Thanks that was a great idea, I did just run ICU and it was wrong but still did not fix it.

Here are a few things to check:
1. Previously mentioned but no response. Was there any files in \mailroot\Badmail\? If there are, then they are not being sent.
2. If there are no files in Step 1. Verify your SMTP settings are correct. Here is a NON Kodak guide to assist, go to the section "Configure the SMTP Relay"
3. In step 18 of the link above it specifies the credentials of an Office 365 account. This is normally <username>@yourdomain.com which is the same as your email address. Some organizations have this setup different. You should verify the credentials by using them to try and sign into Sign in to Outlook. If they don't work here, they won't work within the SMTP server.
4. Perform a message trace within Office 365 using the sender from your setup in step 2. Only to see if the mail is being directed elsewhere.
5. Depending on your Office 365 settings. You may want to check the Security Quarantine. Sign in to your account

Hi Joe,

Thanks that was a great idea, I did just run ICU and it was wrong but still did not fix it.

You may need to stop and restart the IIS 6.0 SMTP Virtual Server after making the ICU changes. Or to make it easier just reboot the Insite Server and try again.

Our Office 365 relay works flawlessly, it did take a couple of tries to ensure everything was set up exactly as per Kodak's guidelines
I did notice this update regarding relays on Office 365, this may have some bearing on the situation
If your outgoing address is part of your 365 domain, it shouldn't be affected.

"We're making some changes to harden the configuration for relaying or forwarding email through Office 365.

Starting July 27, 2021, we are updating special relay pools, a separate IP address pool that is used for relayed or forwarded mails that are sent from domains that are not a part of accepted domains in your tenant. Only messages that are sent from domains that are not accepted domains in your tenant are impacted by this change.

How this will affect your organization:

When this change is implemented, messages that do not meet the below criteria will route through the Relay Pool and the messages might potentially end up in recipient junk folder.

1. Outbound sender domain is an accepted domain of the tenant.
  2. SPF passes when the message comes to M365.
  3. DKIM on the sender domain passes when the message comes to M365.
All messages that meet the above criteria will not be relayed through the Relay Pool. For relayed messages, we will skip SRS rewrite.

What you can do to prepare:

When this change takes effect, you can tell a message was sent via the Relay Pool by looking at the outbound server IP (all Relay Pool IPs will be in the 40.95.0.0/16 range), or by looking at the outbound server name (will have "rly" in the name).

For the messages to go through the regular pool you will need to make sure when a message arrives to Microsoft Office 365, SPF or DKIM passes, or sender domain of the outbound message matches an accepted domain of your tenant

For DKIM to work, make sure you enable DKIM for sending domain for example fabrikam.com is part of contoso.com accepted domains, if the sending address is [email protected], the DKIM needs to be enabled for fabrikam.com. you can read on how to enable DKIM here.

To add custom domains follow the steps outlined here."

Thanks for all the replies and info given. I must have gone through all the smtp setups a couple dozen times, and tried a few things that were pretty far outside the box.
pcmodem posted a non Kodak guide for me to look at and when I got to this step I figured what the heck might as well give it a try.
  • Click the Advanced button under the General tab, then click Add.
  • Specify the IP address of the SMTP server.
  • Enter 25 for the TCP port and click OK.
Nowhere did Kodak have Specify the server IP.... they only had add Port 25. As soon as I added our server IP with port 25 they started leaving the Que.

And no I was not getting any bad mail just mail sitting in the Que.

Does anyone know if and how I can spend up the Insite mail delivery meaning when we send a secure link or a approval link it's about 20 minutes before the email shows up.

Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated.

Try this:

Attachments

• Insite Notification.JPG
    Insite Notification.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 258

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back