Kodak Matchprint SM245P Media Discontinued

Point918

Informed by my dealer today that Kodak will soon no longer be selling Matchprint Pro Commercial SM245P Media which we have been very happy with for the past 5 + years. Their suggested replacement is a poor match color wise.

Highly doubt Kodak makes this paper, just repackages it. Anyone know an alternate source so that we don't have to re profile. Looking at Epson and GMG papers but would rather just stick with what works. Thanks.

I have been using EFI Validation 250 Satin Premium Proofing Media for a couple of years and find the price and quality both good.

Point918, what replacement media did they recommend? The Matchprint SM240P T1 media (Fogra & GRACoL certifed)? Or something else? Do you proof to an industry colour standard or to your own house colour standard? Do you use a Kodak Matchprint Inkjet Proofing System/Kodak Proofing Software? Or some other inkjet proofing system? With new media, one always has to have a new config/linerization/ink limit file and new device ICC profiles and or device link ICC profiles for proofing if there is a proofing media change.

From time to time Kodak drop various media. We have stock of discontinued rolls of Kodak Matchprint Pro Commercial SM235P Media (42") and Matchprint Pro Press White SM210P Media (24" & 42"), that I am sure we could work out a deal on (we are based in Australia, so sea freight would be the cheapest shipping option)!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back