Kodak Service ending soon on Lotem Machines

Jackie

Just wondering if anyone out there has some ideas on the best route to go on parts and service on Lotem CTP machines when Kodak ends their coverage in the near future? We're in Kodak country in Burnaby, BC, Canada but that might be a disadvantage when the service window runs out. I know of no third party vendors set up here as it's so easy to get service right from the source.

Still a fine machine that more than meets our needs.

You're input is appreciated.

Thanks
Jackie

Just a thought. Perhaps contact the person who services your Lotem now? They may become an independent service technician.

Best Gordo

Just a thought. Perhaps contact the person who services your Lotem now? They may become an independent service technician.

Best Gordo

Good idea but they are all gainfully employed by Kodak currently, who I'm sure would take a dim view of them moonlighting . . .

Thanks
Jackie

Good idea but they are all gainfully employed by Kodak currently, who I'm sure would take a dim view of them moonlighting

I'm thinking that if Kodak is not providing the service then there is no conflict.

Gordo

Not to mention that "surplus" techs may find that they have been selected to help with corporate cost cuts.

Stephen Marsh

Jackie,

The problem is not finding someone to service the Lotems,but parts. Kodak will not sell parts to independant service companies.

STSTech

Just wondering if anyone out there has some ideas on the best route to go on parts and service on Lotem CTP machines when Kodak ends their coverage in the near future? We're in Kodak country in Burnaby, BC, Canada but that might be a disadvantage when the service window runs out. I know of no third party vendors set up here as it's so easy to get service right from the source.

Still a fine machine that more than meets our needs.

You're input is appreciated.

Thanks
Jackie

Jackie, if you're really in Burnaby, BC where the Kodak CTP headquarters are, you should know better than most that Lotem support will be there for a long time, at least for as long Kodak is in this business.

Kodak is still supporting old TS3 Trendsetters that have been produced until 1998 while the last new Lotem CTP's have been shipped in 2006 and refurbished ones even 3-4 years ago. Many components from the old Lotem 400 are still present in the latest Maguns 400.
The only Creo CTP's that went out of service about 1 year ago were the Platesetters 3244 and VLF. Their production lines totally stopped around 1997.....

I'm just going on what I've been told by Kodak, the Lotem's (400/800) will very soon be without service support???? I'll try to get a hold of my local service person. She'll be able to give me an exact date.

Thanks for the feedback.

J

Kodak stopped servicing our Lotem 400. We found one third party company to service it but it is very costly. I'm still looking for another service company. One company that we had come in didn't know anything about Lotems and said they couldn't get a manual or any help from Kodak so we obviously couldn't use them. This is definitely a very frustrating situation.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back