Kodak Sonora plates

it seems that they don't all work. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. Several problems with 0.15
If someone have more fresh news i will apprecate too because my informations are from 2-3 months

I think there already written a lot about it...for some it works and they don't want anything else anymore...other came saw, tested...and bought a clean out unit :)
It also depends on the ( moisturing system )of you press.... I had some accounts that where very happy with them...

Had some banding issues but the stroke was real bad...laser head had 4200 hrs on it without cleaning. not good if you choose not to perform Preventative Maint on your device.

Yooper Prepress,
Because this thread was started when Sonora XP Plates were still in beta testing, I wanted to jump in with an update for you and the others who took the time to help you out.
We now have customers using Sonora XP Plates across the globe. If you’re still inquiring about the plates, in a nutshell, they are thermal process free plates (using no processing chemistry or equipment, not even a clean out unit) which have the imaging speeds, run lengths, and print capabilities similar to mainstream processed plates. I would recommend going to www.kodak.com/go/sonora for everything you need to know including some customer testimonials so you can hear firsthand about Sonora XP Plates.
To respond to the original questions, Sonora Plates will absolutely work on a Trendsetter 800 III Platesetter, as well as other popular thermal platesetters. As far as the cost vs. conventional plates, it depends how much chemistry, electricity, water, waste, time, and process variation you can cut out of your current production by switching to Sonora XP Plates.
Also, Printing Impressions is hosting a webinar this Thursday (September 19) called “Drive Profits and Improve Sustainability – Optimize and streamline your print production” where a couple of Sonora Plate customers will be speaking and you can ask them questions. www.piworld.com/webinar
Derek@Kodak

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back