Komori Fountain Roller Sweep

GRJAP

On a Komori 28 built in 1996 with PQC Ink System. How can I close the Ink Keys Zero Point, So I can get more sweep on the fountain roller.GRJAP

On a Komori 28 built in 1996 with PQC Ink System. How can I close the Ink Keys Zero Point, So I can get more sweep on the fountain roller.GRJAP

Removed the long winded comments due to misunderstanding the original posters question. Duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason is I sometimes have the sweep at 4% and the ink keys closed, and the density is still too high.

Thanks for giving a clearer explanation. Yup, it looks like the zero set problem.

I thought you were wanting to do something with the sweep but the new explanation clears it up for me.

Hope you get the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

The calibration or zero point is in the owners manual. I ran a komori with pqc for nine years 1991 to 2000. We never had an ink issue as long as the keys were zeroed properly. In fact the press only had to be recalibrated one time. We had an electric storm knocking out all power. When the power retuned unit 2 all the keys were at 35. We zeroed out unit 2 and never had to zero any well every again.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back