Komori Ink keys

scootertrash

Hey new to forum found this place looking for answers on a press issue. We have a Komori Lithrone 840 and every once in a while the whole console will just start flashing you can go through and lock and unlock and they will be able to reset or turn the power switch off at the console and it will let you reset. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? All I can get from a tech is that we bought a used press that is 10 years old I should expect it? So I'm here not buying his advice. Thanks for any help.

Call him back and say that there will come a time when you will replace this machine and that unless you get a little more support from him, you are not likely to consider the brand in your next purchase.

Al

probably a minor electrical fault, our 440 has to have the console turned off before switching off press as it will lose sidelay and feeder/delivery presets with side lay pos coming in to minimal and the only fix being to turn off console until its happy to work, giving a start up screen not a code screen.. An electrician has briefly looked at it with no success..

Your prob should be fixable but it will take time to locate and sort out the prob... time that Komori probably are not keen to pay for..

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that is having some small issues. All in all they are great presses. I just would like to know more about what is causing the issue and if it is something like was mentioned with resetting zero on the keys.

Hey do you get a "main press wind up sensor" fault at times? sometimes changing or repairing a blanket i will have normal lights for inching etc with all safety bars in run pos, and the press will not be able to be moved. The console will give me the above fault error and it seems the only fix is to power down for 10 seconds and re-start.. is there a fix for this? it only happens on backwards inch.. It is not end of world just an annoyance... Other than that this press is the best i have run, gets along well, super consistent and even doing manual profiling is easy as to set up and run.. pleasure to work with :)

I had 2 Komori's that would do that once in a while if we had a power surge or interruption. Eventually
it started to happen more often and we ended up replacing a board in the console.

Cani remove the coater from Komori L426?

Cani remove the coater from Komori L426?

hi guys, i could not find any other forum to place my query.
I am buying a Komori Lithrone L426+coater 1993 model.
\Due to space problems i need to remove the coater from the machine.
Is it technically feasible to remove the coater from the press?

Can you please help me with this? i am in a great rysh.

Thanks

Ashwin : If it is a dedicated coater would the press also have an extended delivery ? Would you not save a lot of money by getting a straight 426? If you could leave the coater unit off you are still going to have the extended delivery. Unless you are buying a press with a blanket coater that would easily be removable but would not save you floor space. I would look for another press that fits your needs better.

Thanks so much for your help.
The press does have an extended delivery. Actually we are falling short by just couple of feet.
I am a printer and recently started trading in used printing machinery as well. This was my first deal and it was almost done but just in the end, the issue of length cropped up. The buyer is in real hurry and i don't think i can find such a good deal in a short time.

You are right in saying that i need to look for another press. It is a dedicated coater.

Hi Mike..!

I jus found out that instead of removing the coater we can remove the extended delivery which wud need shortening of chains a bit and moving some gear wheels..! wot do u think about it?

will still be costly..will require a good press mechanic and sparky.. maybe supply a few bags of cement and a sledge hammer for the site renovation :)

You are so right my friend..!
That is exactly what i told my buyer..
I have just managed to find another Komori L426 without coater 1994 model.
I was getting the one with coater ( 1993 model) for 74000 euros and the seller has asked for 75000 euros for 1994 model. How much do you think i can negotiate?

bargain hard its more euro for less machine, and a year in age doesnt make a lot of difference its application and maintenance and current press condition etc etc that along with general market influences that determine press costing but above all, you are trying to make a living so bargain as hard as you can :)

You are so right my friend..!
That is exactly what i told my buyer..
I have just managed to find another Komori L426 without coater 1994 model.
I was getting the one with coater ( 1993 model) for 74000 euros and the seller has asked for 75000 euros for 1994 model. How much do you think i can negotiate?

is it automated or is it an ES (unautomated) press

The seller hasn't mentioned it.
The machine has PQC controls i.e. registration and ink control by computer console.

Will it be considered automated?

I have one more query.. What do we mean when we say the machine has ' steel plate at feeder and delivery' ?
Thanks

It means their is a steel plate which holds the skid/pallet at feed and delivery, Wereas some presses used forks at the delivery and those crappy cut outs with a trolly in them at the feeder

sounds like a relatively "entry level" machine, at minimum they will have the PQC to operate ink profiling and water controls, but wont have auto or semi auto plate loading or cip3 auto profiling and machine configuration which saves time if you are doing plenty of short run quick turn around work and of course add a fair amount of value to any press.. will still be a good machine tho, and with a good pressman will still come close to equalling output of auto press.. I run a semi auto 40" komori and bretto on the next press over can plate up his manual 26 in same time as i can, and i cant shave any time on that at all it must b done according to procedure.

Make sure it has a factory or custom pre loader with enough rail length to hold one board under feeder, one on rails and one on the loader will save plenty of time on long runs(space restrictions might hinder this tho)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back