Kompac II toning issue

We have a Chief 17 with a Kompac II on it. It runs great with black ink, but tones with color inks (Reflex blue, red, etc). Anyone else ever have this problem? I am running JRZ fountain solution with a small amount of alcohol substitute.

Thanks
Russ

Hi, no I do not have toning problems with the kompac (s) I use.

I run poly plates with pink solution, and water.

we never have an issue with kompac II toning on our 2 color system and since moving into Kimoplates have NEVER used fountain solution. we just use plain water straight from the tap!

No. if you mean linting or pulling of fibers from the paper substrate? You have to check that the contact of rollers to your plate is as per kimoto specs and also your plate to blanket has to be as per spec so you can run as much as 10,000 per plate.

Sometimes, toning is caused by fountain solution and we never have this because we never used fountain solution when running K plates.

We run them plates at our ABDick 9985 offset press.

Hope this helps.

alcohol or alcohol substitute in our kompac is a sure K plate killer. try to clean your system and just use plain water.
also avoid a very soupy ink. this is a sure toning factor especially when using fountain solution and alcohol substitute.
thats it. good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back