Konica 1085 - Creo Hot Folders dropping

Wheels

We recently put in a Konica 1085 with a Creo Rip. We are able to ping the Rip from all of our prepress workstations (mostly Macs). Over time, the hot folders become unaccessible by all of the workstations except 2 stations that are have OS Yosemite on them. Other workstations have slightly older OS. (The oldest at OS 10.8.5.) The only current solution is to reboot the Rip. Then the hot folders reappear and become usable. However a few hours later, gone. The Rip has a static IP address. We have never had this problem with other digital machines, including 4 other Konicas that are currently running right beside this one. Konica and Creo haven't been able to determine what is causing this. Any ideas?

Macs work weird when on a network and using "servers" or just another folder permalinked across the network. If the Mac loses site of the folder, sometimes a reboot is needed to get it back in sync. We had some really bad InDesign issues where it would "lose connection" and crash InDesign 2-3 times per day and sometimes not for a few days. We thought the issue might have been the HDD on the "server" being tied up whenever a large file transfer from another computer was occurring. Yosemite fixed it for us, but sometimes the computers hang on shutdown trying to disconnect from the "server". Overall Macs just have piss poor networking capabilities to be honest.

That might be your issue.

Thanks for your feedback. Since we haven't had any other networking issues with any of other software, I'm not ready to just blame it on the Mac OS. Seems to me there has to be a Creo problem in this mix.

Thanks for your feedback. Since we haven't had any other networking issues with any of other software, I'm not ready to just blame it on the Mac OS. Seems to me there has to be a Creo problem in this mix.

We didn't have any issues with anything other than InDesign, as the files they had open were located on another computer's harddrive. When there was a split second of "disconnect", it would crash the program. Maybe the split disconnect is messing with Creo? Better to comment than to leave you hanging, right?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back