Konica Bizhub7000 v Xerox 700

I used a km 6500 for about 2 years and it is a good machine. Very robust. Metal drawers and guts. It runs up to 300 GSM (approximately). The registration us fabulous on it. Double siding even the thickest stock, it holds.

ha xerox do love to blame the stock but they cant not fix a machine or replace it because of it.

However...after running a 700 for just over a year and a half its a nice piece of kit. be fussy, get the room at a good temperature and it WILL make a difference. our room we have the printers in was cold overnight and in the morning until heating systems had heated whole place up. now we start the heating an hour earlier and it is a big difference.

Now we also moving over to Xerox paper stock...the quality difference is completely different! even 3 amateurs were able to detect the diff

if you can only run xerox stock and get good results, dont even look at the x700, digital machines should be able to run offset type stocks in this day and age, you will pay twice as much for your paper and it will end up costing you a lot more.

Yes running a 700 for the last year. We have over 2 million sheets
through it. We use only digital approved paper, only real issues are
the large capacity drawers.

what do you mean about the large capacity drawers? What is the issue with these?

I just installed a Konica C7000 and we are getting trained tomorrow.
Put the large paper deck with paper heating and the decurling unit with humidification and idc inline color measurement syste, GBC bunch and the 5,000 sheet stacker. New Fiery with color suite and seequence software. Initial quality is awesome. We looked at the Xerox 700 but I felt that it would not handle our quality requirements with monthly volumes of over 50,000 12x18 sides per month. Service cost very good and locked in for 5 years. I will check in after we have run it a while.

Corning, NY

Ok guys as per my information you can’t produce letterhead on any digital machine and this is not a reason to affect your design to even go with Xerox or Konica
I personally believe that Xerox has far better quality and consistency
But the paper it self can make really big deferent for the tolerance and the quality
Like you have to get good paper quality to get good print quality
The media has to be cute a curtly
The file has to be built with the color gamut in mind mean designed for digital

Konica c7000

Konica c7000

Ok we have had our machine for around 6 weeks now and have put 120,000 clicks (mostly 11x17/12x18) on it.
I have been very pleased with the quality and we even duplexed 130# cover on it! I would strongly consider 2 of these vs a 8000. The humidifier really help with heavy stock and the stacker works great a well. We are still waiting for our GBC oval punch as it had to be custom made (go figure!) We use a 44 hole color coil and with the AP-2 coil machine it must have oval, not round holes.

Overall, so far I would give it 9 out of 10. VERY HAPPY.

OK so I read through the string of replies that you got on the differences between the KM and Xerox machines but no one brought up the fact that there are other options.
Have you considered looking into the Ricoh Pro C series? C720/C900 and C901. 72 to 90 ppm does not slow down regardless of media up to 300 gsm. The C901 Graphic Art Edition, yes is probably a little more money, but the improved productivity and reliability quickly out-weighs the added costs. Especially when you consider that front to back registration is +/- .5 mm per side, auto duplex 300 gsm at rated speed, upto 11,500 sheet paper input, 2 different Fiery rip options - both using APPE technolgy and a Creo option to be launched soon. The C901 GAE has PxP toner (no more fuser oil), amazing image quality and just as important is that it's consistent. An interactive paper catalog currently with more than 100 stocks (both digital and offset), a multitude of finishing options and Ricoh / IKON's Professional Services team with provide a smooth install and training. I could go on and on - but if neither Xerox or Konica have been able to impress you enough to make a decision - you owe it to yourself to look at the Ricoh Product Line.

And yes, if you haven't already figured it out - I work for Ricoh.

how is that a fact? letterheads on a digital machine? Either you need to tell us the secret, or understand that letterheads printed on digital machine are not guaranteed by anyone.

I have had a c6500 for 3 years now and have had little or no complaints.
Konica's toner has a much higher resistance to heat after being fused, and can stand up to being printed onto again. We regularly produce letterhead on our c6500, and even put prints through our B&W machine as pre-printed slip sheets.

Yes, the flipping blades were a nightmare! It took some time and a ton of aggravation but they finally worked it out.

We also have had no trouble running non-digital stocks, except for 110# Classic Crest/Linen.

I am also shopping the X700 and the C7000. Given my happy history with Konica, and the scary paper tales regarding the X700, I will probably stick with KMBS

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back