Konica C8000

First time post here

I have been checking this site periodically for the past 12 months or so trying to find out what information I can about the new C8000.

Well I can share with everyone here that our company has ordered the machine and it will delivered the first week in October.

Currently running a 6500 with over 3mil clicks on it and we are very excited to upgrade to the 8000.

Hi Anthony,

Good to hear! Whereabouts are you located?

We're also trying to get some details on the 8000.

Anthony I was pretty much sure that we could hardly expect the C8000 to be delivered by the end of the year. But clues are now that I could be wrong :)

Can you give us some more detail? Which configuration? CPC?

Whatever you find you can share with us would be appreciated. I have personally tested a final candidate release of C8000 in July. I was very impressed, though there were some minor bugs to fix, especially on jitter and FM screening. Also interface with EFI Fiery was not so good at calibrating the engine.

Bye!

Ordered main unit, second fuser unit, relay w/humidification, paper feed unit and a basic stapling unit/stacker

We are getting the Fiery w/impose, graphic arts package, etc..

Have seen the machine twice, last year at Chicago and then again in Philly but we have not really gotten our hands on it yet so to be continued..

Outstanding subject

Outstanding subject

Hey Anthony352,
I was out here surfing the posts and spoted yours.
I too am drooling over the 8000. I hear lots of "supposed" promises that this machine will get Konica into the digital "press" arena. I would be curious to know the "going rate" for one of these. Also would like to see max sheet size duplex REGISTER head to tail as I find this to be quite "non existant" on the c6500 I have ta run.
I'd like to know if you have or will be testing this point and what you find.

Bret

Hey Anthony352,
I was out here surfing the posts and spoted yours.
I too am drooling over the 8000. I hear lots of "supposed" promises that this machine will get Konica into the digital "press" arena. I would be curious to know the "going rate" for one of these. Also would like to see max sheet size duplex REGISTER head to tail as I find this to be quite "non existant" on the c6500 I have ta run.
I'd like to know if you have or will be testing this point and what you find.

Bret

Have I sent you a copy of my tip book? If you are looking at a SRA3 sheet landscape and the image is moving left to right your techs don't have the registration springs at the highest tension. If the image is moving up and down and your using a PF unit or LCT tray then you need to keep an eye on your guides. If you only have a base unit and your trying to use the bypass tray you are wasteing your time.

C8000 in Phoenix NOW

C8000 in Phoenix NOW

I have a fully configured C8000 running in the field right now. One of only a handful in the field across the country undergoing testing. We were are an Early Release Program dealership and got the machine early even before KM Direct. If you are seriously interested in getting a hands on early look at the machine feel free to contact me. Its running great, its going to be a true competitor. I think its going to be some time before these actually hit your docks. I would expect the 6000/7000 first, but it's not the same engine as the 8000.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 201
We are adding it as a second machine.
You would have to speak to Konica about pricing.
I can tell you that it is not 6500 numbers.

I would expect the 6000/7000 first, but it's not the same engine as the 8000.
I was at the local KM centre today and they suggested the 6000/7000 was the same engine as the 8000 - or perhaps they meant the new toner/fuser is the same? I'm uncertain, we've just started looking at machines to replace our Xerox.

Image is skewing and not square

Image is skewing and not square

Have I sent you a copy of my tip book? If you are looking at a SRA3 sheet landscape and the image is moving left to right your techs don't have the registration springs at the highest tension. If the image is moving up and down and your using a PF unit or LCT tray then you need to keep an eye on your guides. If you only have a base unit and your trying to use the bypass tray you are wasteing your time.

how do i get this tip book?

Any update?

Any update?

Anthony - any update on how the C8000 is performing? I have seen two KM controlled presentations, including one in Chicago at Graph Expo, but would like to hear some "real life" production feedback.

Thanks...

I have been running a KM C8000 at a customer facility for the past month. We have clicked about 130k on it. Although it is early, no issues. The config includes a booklet maker, dehumid /rehumid system. Fiery with all the tools. Impose, Compose, Color Pro Tools, etc. The customer makes nothing but books.

The output quality is very close press quality. Additionally the speed of it running covers stock with 28lb is a godsend versus the C6501.

All said the customer loves the unit and has been kind enough to opening their doors for demos of the machine any interested party.

Yes would also be interested to see pics and hear your progress/thoughts on the machine! :D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back