Konica Hikari/AccurioFlux VS Fiery

I believe the Fiery does its RIP work in a small Linux box buried deep down but has a Win7/10 interface for the user.
Never heard of that but I suppose it's possible. I do know the 'smaller/embedded' fiery available on the C3070/C3080 series, called the IC-417, is Linux.

Hi, we are about to sign for a C3080 with 2 PF-707 paper feeders and IQ-501. I can’t decide on the RIP, external IC-313 Fiery or internal IC-605 Konica coupled with the AccurioFlux Premium software.

We won’t be using much of the AccurioFlux software but I am told we need the premium version to be able to use virtual printers.

In the end both Konica or Fiery rips come out at about the same price...

Sales rep tells me the Konica RIP can do everything the Fiery does, and would even be better since everything in the machine is Konica (especially with the IQ-501). I want to believe him, it makes sense but then again...

I welcome anyone with experience on either platform to share their thoughts!

Thanks!
Hi Eric,
I hope everything went well with your investment. We also recently purchased a konica 4070 with IQ installed. I would like to ask what are you impression of the IQ regarding the back front registration? Can you estimate an average acuraccy you have in your prints?
Personally I cannot say that I am particularly happy with the deviations of the accuracy.. I mean devations about 1mm are quite common to our jobs..
Are these normal? I have the impression that something was not installed correctly in our machine..

Hi,
We use the IQ-501 mostly for calibration. We are not a print shop and use the machine for specific applications, printing always the same stuff on the same 3 types of paper. We only have one thing we print duplex, 485 mm x 320 mm 320 gsm. That paper is cut by our supplier as we don't have a guillotine large enough. The IQ registration process does its job whenever we run it and back to front registration is spot on... for a while until it's not anymore. We do not use the automatic registration (setting up the IQ to check registration as the job is printed) because we mostly run short job (a few 100 sheets at most). The problem mostly comes from our paper and the way it's inaccurately cut... Not much we can do.

One thing I learned is to make sure the tray is set-up correctly, with all the guides secured in the right place. I usually need to make sure whoever fills up the paper knows how to set it up (most of the times they don't!).

Hope this helps.

Hi,
We use the IQ-501 mostly for calibration. We are not a print shop and use the machine for specific applications, printing always the same stuff on the same 3 types of paper. We only have one thing we print duplex, 485 mm x 320 mm 320 gsm. That paper is cut by our supplier as we don't have a guillotine large enough. The IQ registration process does its job whenever we run it and back to front registration is spot on... for a while until it's not anymore. We do not use the automatic registration (setting up the IQ to check registration as the job is printed) because we mostly run short job (a few 100 sheets at most). The problem mostly comes from our paper and the way it's inaccurately cut... Not much we can do.

One thing I learned is to make sure the tray is set-up correctly, with all the guides secured in the right place. I usually need to make sure whoever fills up the paper knows how to set it up (most of the times they don't!).

Hope this helps.
Thank you Eric, I appreciate the time you spent replying me!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back