Konica LD 6500

leo

Hi everybody,
Any knows or uses Konica LD 6500 with PR RIP 6500? How it's quality, toner and chips?
Are there any big difference between LD 6500 and Bizhur 6500 and their RIP PR and Fiery?
They are same toner and parts?
Any idea is much appreciate and thanks
Leo.

We use an LD6500 with the standard PR rip. The rip is basic and an upgrade to Fiery or Creo is recommended.
It has served its purpose and we are looking to replace it. We have had nothing but trouble from the beginning. Poor quality (registration, streaks,color issues etc.), no control to improve print quality, Breaks down all the time, we can't replace any broken parts. I believe we will be avoiding KM all together but we are still researching our options. Maybe the issues have been addressed in the 8000.
As far as the Bizhub machines, they are different, not many major interchangeable parts.

We use an LD6500 with the standard PR rip. The rip is basic and an upgrade to Fiery or Creo is recommended.
It has served its purpose and we are looking to replace it. We have had nothing but trouble from the beginning. Poor quality (registration, streaks,color issues etc.), no control to improve print quality, Breaks down all the time, we can't replace any broken parts. I believe we will be avoiding KM all together but we are still researching our options. Maybe the issues have been addressed in the 8000.
As far as the Bizhub machines, they are different, not many major interchangeable parts.
Dear DigiFlott, with low investment, I should not buy the Konica LD 6500? Actually, its quality is not as good as KM Bizhub 6500? Or any big difference?
Please help.

I don't know how the quality compares between the machines. If my understanding is correct, they are very similar machines but not the same. Ours has been a nightmare. I know they are a cheaper initial investment but if you count lost hours of production due to breakdowns and print quality service calls, those costs add up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back