Konica Minolta 1060 setup

willvp2408

Hello, was wondering if anybody has the Konica Minolta 1060 setup with a 100 page booklet finisher with joggers, and the 3 drawer air feed paper trays? How has it performed?

Thanks!

Hello, was wondering if anybody has the Konica Minolta 1060 setup with a 100 page booklet finisher with joggers, and the 3 drawer air feed paper trays? How has it performed?

Thanks!
We have the same 3 drawer air feed trays on our C1085 and they good. Great stock pickup from 70gsm to 350gsm. Using tray 1 we have Air Assist on manual so we adjust the air pressure for lighter stocks and smaller sheet sizes. We have an 80 page Booklet finisher which gives no probs and a little Plockmatic 104 Square Edge finisher at the delivery were the finished booklets come off the printer. We've done 10,000+/– booklets with no probs.

We have the same 3 drawer air feed trays on our C1085 and they good. Great stock pickup from 70gsm to 350gsm. Using tray 1 we have Air Assist on manual so we adjust the air pressure for lighter stocks and smaller sheet sizes. We have an 80 page Booklet finisher which gives no probs and a little Plockmatic 104 Square Edge finisher at the delivery were the finished booklets come off the printer. We've done 10,000+/– booklets with no probs.

How would you rate the reliability of your KM 1060 regarding: jams, color, overall performance, how many clicks do far???

We have a C1060L and we have a regular finisher and the regular LCT. If I was doing it again I would get the finisher you speak of with the decurler and the 3 drawer airfeed trays. We LOVE the quality. It is very reliable. Make sure the densitometer comes with it. It's easy to use and Keeps the color constant. Our machine rarely jams up inside. It is usually the feeder on the bypass tray that causes the problems. The bypass tray is not standard. It has to be ordered extra.

Still looking at units. So far have looked at the KM 1060 and now the Ricoh 5100. The KM unit looks alot beefer than the Ricoh box. I have a km6000 now and it has been very reliable. Only complaints have been registration and banding. The new 1060 addresses both of those issues from what I saw. The Ricoh box prints good just has that plastic feels to it compared to the KM. Right now I am leaning way towards the 1060. Right now I have over 5 million clicks on my 6000.

Still looking at units. So far have looked at the KM 1060 and now the Ricoh 5100. The KM unit looks alot beefer than the Ricoh box. I have a km6000 now and it has been very reliable. Only complaints have been registration and banding. The new 1060 addresses both of those issues from what I saw. The Ricoh box prints good just has that plastic feels to it compared to the KM. Right now I am leaning way towards the 1060. Right now I have over 5 million clicks on my 6000.

Have you gotten a price on a 7110?

Yes I did. It was almost double per month on a lease price compared to the KM. They even tried to sell me a 651ex used at a crazy price.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back