Konica Minolta Bizhub 951

Jackie

We are looking at the KM Bizhub 951 as a light production machine. Doing mostly light coverage text on Bond. If anyone is currently running this machine and can provide any feedback on any known problems (Jamming, service, quality issues?) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your input.

I am running a 950 which is an older model. The 951 is a much better machine. The engine is the same as the 1250. My 950 has no problem running bond paper. As far as print quality, 951 is much much better than 950.

We are looking at the KM Bizhub 951 as a light production machine. Doing mostly light coverage text on Bond. If anyone is currently running this machine and can provide any feedback on any known problems (Jamming, service, quality issues?) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your input.

With over 14,000,000 on a 1250 I can say it isn't a bad box. My only problem is with our dealer who doesn't seem to know how to support print for pay. I tried to get KM to take over our account but they caved into the dealer. It's unfortunate for them because I will never buy from that dealer again, so I guess I'm done with KM boxes!

There are rules of engagement. KMBS is very sensitive about stepping on the toes of its dealers. However, if you formalize in writing, with a letter to the dealer, that you intend to sever your business relationship with them, then it is my understanding that KMBS may be able to step in. (Full disclosure: I work for KMBS.)

Unfortunately that didn't work. The dealer said I was forced to write the letter by KMBS. I believe this went all the way up the KMBS flag pole, they just don't care about the customer I guess.

We've brrn running the KM Pro 1200 for a couple of years now. Good solid piece of gear, good service. But then, we strictly adhere to Rule # 1: NEVER lease/buy from anyone except the Original Equipment Manufacturer. Stick to that rule, and, you will have a long, happy & prosperous relationship with your vendor.
-Best
MailGuru

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back