Konica Minolta bizhub press c7000 fiery connections

Marvel Websites

Hello All.. Newbie here! We are in digital marketing business for long and expanding in printing. Got a bizhub press c7000. used. tried copying. seems ok. A controller, Fiery E100-02 came with it. what are the right drivers and connections for the machine and controller? Should I connect fiery to my laptop or directly to the machine? quite confused as to what is flow of the connections in regards to print machine, driver, laptop, fiery controller etc. Really appreciate all the help I can get! Thank you.

Connect the controller to the printer and the controller to your network. You'll need to do some googling or use chatgpt for detailed steps. Install the free Fiery Command Workstation client from fiery.com on computers you desire to print from.

Connect the controller to the printer and the controller to your network. You'll need to do some googling or use chatgpt for detailed steps. Install the free Fiery Command Workstation client from fiery.com on computers you desire to print from.
Thank you much for your reply!

Fiery Command Workstation needs the Fiery on the Local network to operate correctly.

Hard Learned Caveats -

IF the Fiery doesn't 'see' the printer:
1. Shut down Fiery and Printer.
2. Disconnect Printer and Fiery from the network and each other - yes note the correct ports for each cable and disconnect all the ethernet cables.
3. If you don't know which port(s) then follow along and you MAY have to repeat with Printer to Fiery connection on a different Fiery port.
4. Boot Printer (NOT RESTART - SHUTDOWN THEN START)
5. Printer will complain no network - this is expected behavior.
6. Boot Fiery (NOT RESTART - SHUTDOWN THEN START)
7. Fiery takes a LONG time to come ready.
8. Wait for display on the Fiery CPU to finish booting BEFORE logging in at monitor and keyboard as Admin pswd:Fiery.1
9. Fiery will complain no network - this is expected behavior and is the CRITICAL step.
10. NOW connect only cable from Fiery to Printer.
11. Fiery and Printer should now connect - if NOT - repeat complete process to confirm correct Fiery and Printer ports.
12. AFTER connecting Fiery and Printer then connect LAN cable.

If the Fiery ever complains about not being able to 'see' the printer REBOOT all with the local ethernet disconnected.
Then reconnect local after all is well.
This was happening for more than 2 years very recently.
The CURRENT Fiery software seemed to be Ok as of 3 months ago.

YMMV

Thank you for your reply and guidance! Working on the machine today! A new issue today is that the machine is always in warming-up mode..!

Thank you for your reply and guidance! Working on the machine today! A new issue today is that the machine is always in warming-up mode..!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but getting a 10-15 year old digital press is going to lead to a lot of problems like this. The C7000 was one of KM's earlier units sold from ~2009-2013 when they started making production units. It was a decent for that time, but digital presses start to become problematic after 7-10 years. I believe that series has been declared "End of Life" by Konica Minolta service as well. So you'll find it challenging to get parts and supplies in the coming years. I understand the reasons for getting a used machines because of the low up-front cost, but you'll often end up losing money due to lots of down time/loss of production time, and struggling with quality issues/reprints/wasted paper. Plus, I'd imagine you're buying your own supplies, parts, and will have to pay a tech per hour to do repairs (or spend hours trying to solve it yourself). If you can't afford purchasing a new machine, consider financing or leasing a new machine for a fixed monthly payment and a known per click service model that includes all parts, supplies, and service labor.

I am thankful for your true and sincere input and advice. I bought it because it was very low on clicks. (Just over 80K). Now I have touched base with Konica guys. if I can run my orders with it for a couple of years, it should pay back and then I will certainly follow your advice.

It's going to be difficult for you to be competitive with the other shops. You see, every generation of a new machine comes with newer technology that makes it more stable and cheaper to run (lower click charges).

Most of the time, when your vendor is pitching an upgrade to a newer machine, the typical value proposition is that the lower click charges on the newer machine is such that it not only covers the lease payments, but, makes you more profitable altogether. Basically, a "no-brainer".

I hope everything works out for you!

-All The Best

--MailGuru

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back