Konica Minolta C6100 w Fiery RIP : Pale coloured Stripes through print, rendering issue?

RVNG

We’ve produced our PDFs the same way for years using a PDF preset in Indesign/Illustrator - compliance standard PDFx-4, Compatibility PDF version 1.6. Nothing has changed. Clean files, not complex. Doesn't seem to matter if Indesign 2021 or 2022… 1ups print on the Konica without trouble. Happens across multiple type of jobs.
Once we impose using the Fiery software, the image has broad bands of subdued colour.... graphics still all print, just broad bands of lighter colour randomly through the graphics. At whits end here. 
yes, Fiery uses APPE, confirmed. Not the paper, not the imaging cylinders. As I said 1up run fine, imposition seems to be the problem. Hoping someone might recognize this issue. All software up to date.

Last edited:
Is the file natively created in Adobe?

I have seen stupid things happen only when I impose (not using fiery impose) if the file was created in a toy program like Canva.

We have a C6085 (same engine as the C6100)...can you please show pictures of what you're experiencing? And can you share a sample file so I can test on ours? Send the 1up and multi-up files. You can save to PDF from Fiery after you do the impose by redirecting the save path in the pop-up window to your desktop rather than into the HOLD queue. (I work at a county sheriff in plant, so pinky swear that we won't steal your customer) ;)

Is the file natively created in Adobe?

I have seen stupid things happen only when I impose (not using fiery impose) if the file was created in a toy program like Canva.
Hi, yes... PDF exported out of Indesign... nothing strange. PDF preset for PDFx-4 as mentioned, simple art.

We have a C6085 (same engine as the C6100)...can you please show pictures of what you're experiencing? And can you share a sample file so I can test on ours? Send the 1up and multi-up files. You can save to PDF from Fiery after you do the impose by redirecting the save path in the pop-up window to your desktop rather than into the HOLD queue. (I work at a county sheriff in plant, so pinky swear that we won't steal your customer) ;)
Hi jwheeler, pic and file attached. I appreciate you engagement here...

Also, a link to the PDF - 36406 --FIN--rev_Wobbler - Longos Deli.pdf.zip

Unknown.jpeg

Looks like a RIP setting issue.

Do you have the RIP package with Imageviewer? If so you should be able to see it.

Most likely an overprint issue. Try with and without APPE and the Composite Overprint setting.

Also check file in Acrobat with Output Preview, Simulate Overprint checked and unchecked.

Thanks DYP... so far some success with a 'ftattening setting' after layout... apparently after imposing you can 'flatten' the sheet to an 'IMP' file, or leave unflattened as a 'DBP' file format... the DBP format seems to fix the issue with APPE check on. I will see if the translates across all the jobs going forward however.

OK, 3 tools to fix rendering issues from within the Fiery job properties - after Fiery impose, use unflattened (DBP), also deselect 'PDFx rendering intent' and deselect 'Composite overprint'.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back