Konica Minolta C6500 + FD-501

MCM

Is there a solution how i can get a KM C6500 with IC-408 and installed FD-501 to print? Sure it is possible because the Rip startpage also gets printed and outputed on the FD-501 main tray just like other testpages of the rip too, so why it won't let me print my stuff? I think it just have to be a software setting enywhere, that Fiery error "no compatible finisher installed" is just annoying.

Go into Printers and Faxes and right click on your print driver, go to Properties and take a look at Installable Options Tab, Make sure your machine is configured correctly from there.

i have checked that already, in bi-directional mode the driver does not acept the fd-501 as finisher thats the problem also in manual mode there is no selection for only the folding device, i can only chose between broshure finishing devices, saddle stiching devices and stackers. its not a driver isue because when i disconnect the fd-501 from the main body i can print on it but without a output tray that's no fun. i already figured out that it seems to be a not supported configuration for the ic-408 but i don't understand why and i'm looking for a workaround for that.

i have checked that already, in bi-directional mode the driver does not acept the fd-501 as finisher thats the problem also in manual mode there is no selection for only the folding device, i can only chose between broshure finishing devices, saddle stiching devices and stackers. its not a driver isue because when i disconnect the fd-501 from the main body i can print on it but without a output tray that's no fun. i already figured out that it seems to be a not supported configuration for the ic-408 but i don't understand why and i'm looking for a workaround for that.

Are you running a Relay Unit as well? If not this may be the issue.
I highly doubt its the controller limiting the functions of the machine, possible machine needs a bios update or something.

For what it's worth, and it may be nothing close to what your problem is, but I discovered the hard way that the setting on the tray I'm using must be 22-28 lb. bond or lower for two-sided printing and stapling and 20 lb. bond for one-sided printing and stapling. If I don't use those settings, then my KM C6501 won't staple.

So what I guess I'm saying is that it could be something as simple as a tray setting or other stupid little thing that's holding it up.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

This is true, alot of the times the folding type still will not like thicker settings and so form, but its easy to lie to the machine, and in fact we do it quite often

I would also check with a konica tech or whoever sold the machine to you

You can check with your Konica rep, but neither the tech nor the IT people knew why my machine wasn't stapling. We just happened to try another tray that had the right spec on it, wondering if it was the tray itself, when we discovered the setting issue.

Our tech said that the C6501 has some oddities that KM is trying to fix with a patch and this is one of them. So I'd try thinking out of the box and play with your settings - try to fool it like Emtri mentioned. Happens all the time.

I'm considering adding a 501 to my 6500 with an IC-408 as well. Not sure if this this true, but I've heard from a couple folks that the internal fiery (408) will NOT run the 501 saddle stitch unit. You will need to upgrade to the IC-303 external fiery. I think you also need the ru-503/4 relay unit.

Hope that helps.

Mark

well i have a RU-503 but it makes no difference on the facts, i'll try to play with the different paper weight settings, i think i tried already all other settings to fool it like paper type etc. but didn't try the weights yet.

in fact there is no way to get this config runnig :( well the next question would be: can i connect an ikon rip IC-303 to my konica minolta or will i get also in trouble?

I am also having the same problem its displaying THERE IS NO COMPLETABLE FINISHER INSTALLED I am trying to add the devices in installation options but its not allowing me to add i am using the relay unit and FD 501 with IC 408 and C6500
please help me if any cause is there

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back