Konica vs Xerox?

@gazfocus someone's gonna get a nice C3070 with very low mileage then!
Indeed. Absolutely gutted to be selling it to be honest and in my opinion getting peanuts for it (dealer has offered £8k plus vat because they said it needs a couple of parts…transfer belt and fuser belt) but needs must unfortunately.

My Xerox has about 3.5 years remaining on its service contract so availability of parts is not my problem 😁
In the UK, Xerox have been breaking contracts lately! There are some strange things seem to be going on with Xerox currently.

In the UK, Xerox have been breaking contracts lately! There are some strange things seem to be going on with Xerox currently.
Our contract on the Xerox is with a Xerox dealer that use a third party service provider instead of Xerox engineers so I’m not too worried about the servicing aspect at present.

As I said, I really love our KM machine and wouldn’t hesitate getting one again if I could afford one with the IQ and the finishing we have on the Xerox but Konicas seem to be a lot more expensive on the used market (and much rarer) than Xerox machines and haven’t seen many with any finishing options.

Having said that, I went to do a booklet job on the Xerox on Wednesday…a good customer of ours emailed on Tuesday needing for Thursday so has no time to outsource. Loaded the paper, did the SIQA sequence on the paper as hadn’t used it before on the Xerox, and printed out 100 x 16 page A4 booklets in under an hour, all face trimmed so just had to trim the top and bottoms on the guillotine.

I was super happy with the Xerox for the first time in ages haha.

Our contract on the Xerox is with a Xerox dealer that use a third party service provider instead of Xerox engineers so I’m not too worried about the servicing aspect at present.

As I said, I really love our KM machine and wouldn’t hesitate getting one again if I could afford one with the IQ and the finishing we have on the Xerox but Konicas seem to be a lot more expensive on the used market (and much rarer) than Xerox machines and haven’t seen many with any finishing options.

Having said that, I went to do a booklet job on the Xerox on Wednesday…a good customer of ours emailed on Tuesday needing for Thursday so has no time to outsource. Loaded the paper, did the SIQA sequence on the paper as hadn’t used it before on the Xerox, and printed out 100 x 16 page A4 booklets in under an hour, all face trimmed so just had to trim the top and bottoms on the guillotine.

I was super happy with the Xerox for the first time in ages haha.
The in-line booklet maker is a nice touch, we have it with top and bottom trim on our Iridesse, so they just print and fall straight into the box.

The in-line booklet maker is a nice touch, we have it with top and bottom trim on our Iridesse, so they just print and fall straight into the box.
That would be my dream. Our plan is after Christmas to see if we can upgrade to the Versant 3100 and then see if we can get some decent finishing on that. We will hopefully then have the space to keep the Versant 80 as well (even if it’s just the bare machine with the standard stacker finisher).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back