Lenticular

CKL

How long does it take a good press operator to learn Lenticular and be successful?

Is better to run the lenses vertical?

Suggestions?

You need to be very good at the prepress and have a press designed to do this if you want to get high quality.

Depending on what effect you need 3D, morph, flip, or zoom some work better and are recommended horizontal or vertical.

IGH Solutions was one of the first lenticular printers and are one of the leaders in this market with many unique patents that allows them to create products that others can not.

I've only run lenticular 5 times,and only horizontal,though other shifts at my shop have done verticle a few times.
We up until 2 months ago always farmed out for our lenticular plates. But this past time we made them in-house as our prepress feels they have it down now. Worked pretty good.
How long until someone is good? I can't say,I'm still learning!:D
I have my notes at work,but I can throw a few basics at you that I do. At least as I learned so far.
Is this on a UV press? If so,we turn our lamps off and wet trap all process colors,then hit on next open unit on impression as a "smoother",and hit with lamps from there on.
I run rotation K,C,M,Y I print K only first,and get into position. I then drop C,M,Y on,one at a time,in that order,and fit them to the black. Then drop on Opaque whites.
As far as positioning the work on the sheet,I don't know how to put it into words. It would be easier for me to draw it,and post a photo! The best way I can describe it is when positioning your K initially,you want the verticle K lines of your image to be between the horizontal lenses,not intersecting them. This would be for horizontal lenticular. If someone else can describe it better,please do.
Also,we don't throw our loads,we run them right off the skid,and the skids should be numbered. Run the skids in order,highest first,to lowest. This keeps the sheets in order,as they were made. That helps keep the position of the printing more consistant. Your gripper and guide should be marked on the skids also.
I'll glance at my notes at work tomorrow,I'm sure I'm missing some things.
I would also like to hear any suggestions on this,seems like I learn alot on this site.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back